In a perfectly-timed release with the New Zealand World Update, NZA Simulations has launched today their stunning new airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator! Christchurch Airport (NZCH) is located in Canterbury on New Zealand’s South Island and is currently the country’s second busiest airport after Auckland. It features two sealed runways and one parallel grass runway, and opened in May 1940 as New Zealand’s first international airport in 1950.
Christchurch Airport is part of NZA’s super-detailed Proline Plus series and includes a full 3D custom-modelled airport with approximately 300 surrounding buildings. The airport also features true-to-life runways and aprons in PBR and even includes accurate roads and carparks. They didn’t miss any details – even the fences are depicted with detailed fence weeds!
Make sure to watch the above video until the end for a beautiful teaser of another upcoming product from NZA Simulations. It seems the team is getting ready to enhance the awe-inspiring Milford Sound, one of New Zealand’s most famous destinations. Stay tuned for further news about this upcoming release soon!
This airport add-on features custom approach, runway, and apron lighting to match the real-world airport, as well as a terra-formed runway. Parking positions are set up with correct airline codes for compatibility with Air Traffic mods such as AIG and FSLTL, and if you’re a fan of the NZ Flying Doctors Service, you’ll be happy to know that the King Air 350 livery is included in the package.
Obviously, as a highly-detailed airport, NZA’s Christchurch features full 3D interiors for the main terminal, all boarding areas, and more. The Novotel Hotel, located at the airport, features both the top and ground floor with high-res parallax room textures. The ATC Tower and GCH Aviation Private Jet Terminal and Helicopters at the south end of the airport are also fully represented.
This looks like a truly comprehensive rendition of NZCH for MSFS with lots of cool features that simmers will love to explore. Besides the above, this airport also includes custom jetway sounds and terminal interior sounds, such as chatter and announcements. Terminal piano sounds add to the overall airport ambiance. Animated jetways, custom for each gate to match the real ones, are also included, as are animated 3D AI people depicted walking about the terminal, ATC, and other areas, while custom AI vehicles roam the airport.
Custom ground service vehicles, including pushback and catering trucks, have also been modeled in great detail. NZA also includes a custom nose-in guidance system (VDGS) powered by Aerosoft, located at the airliner gates (16-35).
Overall, NZA’s Christchurch Airport for MSFS is a highly detailed and accurate representation of the real-world airport. Available at €23.99 and perfectly timed with the release of World Update 12: New Zealand, it’s an easy-to-recommend upgrade to one of the country’s main airports. Make sure to also check out Flightbeam’s stunning renditions of Auckland International (NZAA) and Wellington International (NZWN), currently available at a discounted price!
- NZA Simulations Proline Plus™ Airport
- Full 3D custom modelled airport including all the surrounding business parks ≈ 300 buildings
- NZA’s full PBR true-to-life runways and aprons
- All the lines, YES even the roads and carparks in the area are done properly.
- All the fences, including detailed fence weeds
- High resolution custom CGL ground aerial imagery
- Custom Approach, Runway & Apron lighting to match real world.
- Terra-formed runway
- Parking positions setup with correct Airline codes for compatibility with Air Traffic mods such as AIG, FSLTL etc.
- NZ Flying Doctors Service Livery Included for the King Air 350
- GSX Profile Included
Full 3D Interiors
- Interiors for the main terminal, all boarding areas and more
- Novotel Hotel – with top and ground floor fully 3D and high-res parallax room textures.
- ATC Tower
- GCH Aviation Private Jet Terminal and Helicopters at the south end of the airport
- Custom Jetway Sounds
- Terminal Interior Sounds – Chatter, announcements etc.
- Terminal Piano Sounds
- Animated Jetways – Custom for each gate to match the real ones
- Animated 3D AI people walking about the terminal, ATC, and other areas
- Animated Custom AI vehicles roaming the airport
- Custom Ground Service vehicles – Pushback & Catering Truck
- Sudima Hotel Clock working to Sim Time
- Rotating Primary Airport Surveillance Radar
Custom Nose-In Guidance System (VDGS)
- Support for Aerosoft’s VDGS at the Airliner Gates (16-35)