The first World Update of the year for Microsoft Flight Simulator is here! New Zealand, one of the most beautiful countries in the world and a true heaven for aviation enthusiasts, has now been upgraded in MSFS with a ton of enhancements to its scenery, airports, landmarks, and more!
New Zealand is a breathtaking destination for aviation enthusiasts, with its stunning landscapes, unique geography, and diverse climate. The country’s many airports and airfields offer a wide range of opportunities for pilots to explore and experience the beauty of this amazing country from above. With its combination of towering mountains, picturesque valleys, crystal-clear lakes, and rugged coastlines, New Zealand offers some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. The country is also home to a number of unique features such as glaciers, volcanoes, and geothermal activity that provide a thrilling experience for pilots.
One of the best ways to experience the beauty of New Zealand is by flying over its many natural wonders. For example, the Southern Alps, which run the length of the South Island, offer some of the most breathtaking views in the country, with snow-capped peaks, deep valleys, and glacial lakes. The Milford Sound, located in Fiordland National Park, is another stunning natural feature, with towering cliffs, waterfalls, and crystal-clear waters. Pilots can also explore the country’s rugged coastlines, which are home to stunning beaches, rocky headlands, and secluded coves.
World Update 12: New Zealand comes to elevate all the scenery in this stunning country, featuring a ton of incredible new content that simmers will surely love to explore. This includes seven new cities created using high-resolution photogrammetry data:
62 handcrafted POIs, created by Orbx, and, from Orbx and NZA Simulations, nine handcrafted airports:
- Gisborne Airport (NZGS)
- Milford Sound Airport (NZMF)
- Martins Bay Aerodrome (NZMJ)
- Gorge River Airstrip (NZQE)
- Rotorua Airport (NZRO)
- Lake Tekapo Airport (NZTL)
- Whangarei Airport (NZWR)
- Westport Airport (NZWS)
- Quintin Lodge Airstrip (T004)
Besides all this, Perfect Flight made its usual contribution with ten missions that invite simmers to explore New Zealand’s best. These include:
Three bush trips:
- New Zealand’s North Island in a Textron Aviation Beechcraft Bonanza G36
- New Zealand’s South Island in a Pilatus PC-6/B2-H4 Turbo Porter G950
- A historic recreation of the country’s first air route in a Douglas DC-3 Classic
Three discovery flights:
- Auckland, the country’s largest city, in a Cessna 152
- Queenstown in a Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter
- Lake Benmore in a DG Aviation DG-1001E neo glider
Four landing challenges:
- A strong wind landing at Wellington Airport (NZWN) in an Airbus A320neo
- An epic landing at the Ryan’s Creek Aerodrome (NZRC) in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk
- A technical landing at Gorge River Airstrip (NZQE) in a Savage Cub
- A famous challenge in an Airbus A310-300 at Christchurch Airport (NZCH).
The New Zealand World Update for Microsoft Flight Simulator is available for free in the MSFS marketplace. The full release notes are available here.