Drzewiecki Design is back with another airport that houses Boeing facilities. After Renton and Paine Field, the developer now brings us their detailed rendition of KBFI Boeing Field, also known as King County International Airport. This release offers a highly detailed virtual representation of one of the United States’ oldest operating airfields, located in the heart of Seattle.
KBFI Boeing Field, nestled just south of Seattle’s bustling center, is a living museum of aviation history. Established in 1928, it has witnessed the evolution of air travel, from propellers to jet engines. Drzewiecki Design’s meticulous attention to detail promises to bring this iconic airfield to life in the virtual skies, offering an immersive experience that’s as close to reality as it gets.
- A high-quality model of KBFI Boeing Field, featuring the up-to-date version with extensive details throughout the whole airport
- FPS-friendly design, with epic night textures, dynamic lighting and PBR materials, high-definition mesh
- Custom-animated people, vehicles, and trains
- Performance-friendly interior modeling at all terminal buildings, hangars, and control towers, high-quality static aircraft, custom animations, custom animated jetways, custom sounds
- Fully compatible with GSX Pro using Cartayna Files
Boeing Field has been integral to the Boeing Company’s operations, particularly in the 1960s when it was used for the initial assembly of the Boeing 737. The airport continues to be used for final preparations and delivery of Boeing 737 aircraft, including a paint hangar and flight test facilities.
The Boeing Delivery Center at the airport is a key facility where Boeing’s commercial airplanes are finalized and handed over to customers. This aspect of Boeing’s operation, while not a central focus of the scenery, is an important part of the airport’s function and why it’s an interesting place to test out your PMDG 737, for example.
The airport’s two runways, 14R/32L and 14L/32R, cater to a wide range of aircraft, from light single-engine planes to large commercial jets. This diversity is captured in the scenery, offering a realistic environment for various aviation activities.
Drzewiecki Design’s KBFI Boeing Field is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator, priced at just around $15.00 USD.
MSFS Addons is reader-supported. When you buy through links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!