FSimStudios releases Edmonton Intl Airport for MSFS
FSimStudios continues to provide MSFS simmers with an increasing selection of bespoke Canadian airports to visit in the simulator. Following major releases like Toronto Billy Bishop, London International, and Halifax Stanfield airports, the team has now traveled to Alberta, in Canada, to bring us their rendition of CYEG Edmonton International Airport!
With around 8 million passengers served annually, Edmonton Airport is just the 5th busiest airport in Canada. However, it’s the largest in terms of total land area, covering around 7,000 acres to the south of downtown Edmonton.
Edmonton Airport is an important passenger and cargo hub in this region of Canada, serving regional connections to other cities in Canada, but primarily to destinations abroad, such as Las Vegas, Seattle, or Phoenix, in the United States, or even Amsterdam, in the Netherlands, and Cancun, Mexico.
FSimStudios figured this would be another interesting airport to properly recreate in MSFS, so they got to work on a highly-detailed rendition of CYEG, which users can customize to a certain extent through the built-in Scenery Configurator – static aircraft and terminal interiors can be enabled or disabled per user preference.
FSimStudios’ CYEG Edmonton International Airport is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator, priced at around USD $16.00 through Orbx Direct.
- Highly detailed representation of Edmonton International Airport CYEG.
- Completely re-textured terminal with High Resolution 4K PBR Textures.
- Custom High-Quality Ground Polygon.
- Terminal Interiors (can be deactivated through Scenery Configurator)
- Static Aircraft (can be deactivated through Scenery Configurator)
- Custom High Resolution Orthophoto covering the Airport and the City of Leduc.
- COMING SOON: Rogers Place and ICE District (Downtown Edmonton)