Origami Studios and IniBuilds have released for Flight Simulator their previously announced rendition of Gatwick Airport (EGKK), in the UK. It’s a big airport launch for jetliner pilots, as Gatwick is only surpassed by Heathrow on the list of the busiest airports in the UK and is also amongst the ten busiest in the whole of Europe.
Gatwick is one of the major airports serving London, with a few notable stats that are a testament to its importance. It’s the world’s leading airport for low-cost airline traffic and has the busiest single-runway in the world, handling more than 45 million passengers each year.
Origami Studios is now bringing this popular airport to MSFS, based on the acclaimed X-Plane version that has been available for some time, obviously updated to take advantage of the latest rendering technologies that are available in Flight Simulator. So, expect to see upgraded textures and 3D models, additional ground details, and more. It’s also an up-to-date rendition based on the current airport layout, including the new A380 pier and on-going construction works.
As a major Easyjet hub, Gatwick is the perfect place to practice your knowledge of the A320. There’s no better place to take your orange-colored airliner than to this airport, and you now have two great options for a Gatwick scenery in MSFS. Besides this new payware release from Origami Studios, there’s also a rather nice freeware alternative.
Gatwick Airport (EGKK) by Origami Studios and IniBuilds is now available for just £11.99.
- A mix of 4K and 2K textures for optimal performance
- A custom, faithful recreation of the latest airport ground layout with accurate signage
- Realistic stand signs coupled with static, accurately placed VDGS
- Ground clutter and custom cars placed all around the airport to bring it to life
- Several variants of bespoke, animated jetways
- Accurate apron, runway and taxiway lighting throughout