iniScene is back in the United States with its biggest airport yet in North America. After delving into other premises with London Heathrow Airport and Ireland’s Kerry Airport, the team has now turned their attention to the third largest airport in New York State, KBUF Buffalo Niagara Airport.
Buffalo Niagara Airport is one of the oldest public airports in the United States, with a history that goes back almost 100 years, to 1926. It suffered continuous renovations across all these decades, culminating with the construction of a new terminal in the 1990s, which has also seen its share of expansions since then.
Buffalo Niagara Airport is now served by America’s most ubiquitous airlines, with an average of more than 100 flights per day to the continental USA, Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
KBUF is located very close to Niagara Falls, offering stunning sightseeing opportunities for pilots looking to explore this unique border with Canada! You may want to check out this freeware mod that tries to enhance this scenery even more in MSFS.
With the recent release of some truly stunning and complex airliners for MSFS (the Fenix A320, PMDG 737, Leonardo’s Maddog MD-82, or even the Just Flight BAe 146), simmers are now craving for high-quality and immersive airports to use as they plot new routes to test those airplanes. With its beautiful setting, Buffalo Niagara Airport should be another great choice to add to the list of airports to consider in your next purchase.
iniScene seems to have put a lot of work into this project, with thousands of hand-placed objects, highly detailed buildings and textures, accurate logos and decals, an animated radar tower, and much more!
Check the full feature list below to see how iniScene brought this airport to life in MSFS. KBUF Buffalo Niagara Airport is now available for PC at just around $18, with a release expected soon for Xbox as well.
Full Features List:
- Hand-made ground polygons with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- Thousands of hand-placed custom car models
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Hand-placed, high-definition vegetation, signage, ground clutter, vehicles, handling objects and more which have been custom-modelled in house by the iniScene team
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Highly detail models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Main airport terminal interior with lighting and custom objects
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible 30cm/px satellite imagery which has been hand corrected and colour blended to MSFS’ Bing satellite data
- Custom built jetways with realistic variations using PBR texturing and animations
- Accurate logos and real-world decals scattered throughout the airport to promote a true to life feeling
- Hand-placed bespoke ground service equipment at each gate featuring hundreds of containers and dollies
- Animated radar tower
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Compiled and optimised for Xbox Series X and S
- Detailed, custom terminal interior model