If you’ve ever dreamt of landing a fighter jet on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean, Miltech Simulations is about to make your virtual dreams come true. Known for their groundbreaking V-22 Osprey, the team is back in the spotlight with an exciting new product: Supercarrier Pro for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This mod promises to offer an unprecedented level of realism and functionality for carrier operations in MSFS.
Over the past three years, Miltech Simulations has been investing in research and development to create functional aircraft carriers for MSFS. They started with the USS George H.W. Bush, the first attempt at a functional carrier for MSFS (by the way, there will be an upgrade path for owners of that mod to transition to Supercarrier Pro).
Now, using their proprietary technology, they seek to replicate the real-life systems and operations found on U.S. and international aircraft carriers.
In this original release, Supercarrier Pro features four ship models: the Ford-Class CVN-78, Nimitz-Class CVN-76, Arleigh-Burke Destroyers, and Ticonderoga Cruisers. Miltech has also outlined a roadmap for future updates, which includes additional U.S. historical ships and the French Carrier Charles de Gaulle. The possibility of releasing other ship packs as expansions has been mentioned but not confirmed.
Supercarrier Pro offers 14 moving and 12 static (anchored) locations. This provides a range of scenarios for users, although the practical implications of these various locations remain to be seen.
To use the capabilities of Supercarrier Pro, simmers have access to an in-sim toolbar for controlling various aspects of the carriers. The mod is also designed to be universally compatible with arrestor cables and catapults, allowing any MSFS aircraft, whether stock or third-party, to utilize these features without requiring modifications.
Supercarrier Pro is slated to be fully compatible with Xbox, pending just a Marketplace release at this point. Multiplayer support is also included, allowing both moving and static carriers to be used in multiplayer scenarios.
This definitely looks like the most advanced third-party implementation of aircraft carriers in MSFS. Supercarrier Pro also includes Functional Optical Landing Systems (FLOLS) and Landing Reference Light Systems (LRLS) to assist with landings, accessible via the toolbar. A Landing Signal Officer with functional audio callouts is also part of the package.
- Beautifully Modeled Ships: four ships included on initial release, Ford Class CVN 78, Nimitz Class CVN 76, Arleigh Burke Destroyers and Ticonderoga Cruisers.
- Roadmap: Additional US Historical Ships and French Carrier Charles de Gaulle planned for free future updates. Other ship packs may be released as expansions.
- Moving and Static Ships: A total of 14 moving locations and 14 static (anchored) locations are included.
- Miltech Simulations Supercarrier Pro Toolbar: In sim toolbar for full control of the carriers
- Universally compatible Arrestor Cables and Catapults: This product was developed in such a way that any aircraft, stock or 3rd party, can use the catapults and arrestor cables without any modification, and regardless if the aircraft has a tailhook or not.
- Full Xbox Support: All features are fully supported on Xbox. Carriers have been optimized for excellent performance on Xbox.
- FLOLS and LRLS: Functional Optical Landing Systems to safely guide your aircraft to the deck – follow “the Ball”
- Landing Signal Officer: Fully functional Landing Signal Officer, with functional audio callouts to guide the aircraft on landing and feedback scoring based on real naval operations.
- Animated Crew, Jet Blast Deflectors and Elevators
- Fully Accessible Hangar (moving carriers only)
- Navaids: ILS and TACAN are available on static carriers
- Exclusive Discord Community to foster group flights, events and interaction among players. Invite is available on the Toolbar
- Carrier Comms: UNICOM and ATIS are available on static carriers. Carrier ATC Voice channels available over Discord for all locations.
- Full Multiplayer Support: Both moving and static carriers are fully compatible over multiplayer.
- Extensive Documentation covering equipment, systems and procedures available at: docs.miltechsimulations.com
- Teleport (Experimental Feature): teleport your aircraft to the carrier hangar, approach or deck using the teleport feature. Aircraft will change state according to where is teleported to.
Static locations are identified by ICAO code. Moving locations are identified with POIs on the World Map. A map view is available here: https://shorturl.at/gprt6
Ford Class CVN 78 Static:
- (FC01) San Diego, CA
- (FC02) Antalya, Türkiye
- (FC03) Sydney, Australia
- (FC04) Gulf of Guinea, Africa
- (FC05) Haifa, Israel
- (FC06) Singapore, Singapore
- (FC07) Norfolk, VA (CVN78 Homeport)
Ford Class CVN 78 Moving:
- Pensacola, FL
- Kingsville, TX
- Hawaii, HI
- Ionian Sea
- Gulf of Oman
- English Channel
- Eastern Caribbean
Nimitz Class CVN 76 Static:
- (ZC01) Whidbey Island, WA
- (ZC02) Da Nang, Vietnam
- (ZC03) Panama Canal, Panama
- (ZC04) West Palm Beach, FL
- (ZC05) San Juan, PR
- (ZC06) Long Island, NY
- (ZC07) San Diego, CA (CVN 76 Homeport)
Nimitz Class CVN 76 Moving:
- Oceana, VA
- Gulf of Alaska, AK
- Key West, FL
- Philippine Sea
- Baltic Sea
- Sea of Japan
- Balearic Sea
Note that, in addition to Supercarrier Pro, Miltech Simulations has also recently announced that they are working on a new aircraft project for MSFS: the CH-47 Chinook!