As promised just a few days ago, Orbx has now released the new city pack in their Landmarks and Cityscapes series, this time dedicated to the Australian city of Adelaide. It’s the third Aussie city to get this treatment from Orbx, after Sydney and Brisbane.
As one of the most important cities in Australia, Adelaide is known for its architecture, natural parks, green surroundings, and the obligatory South Australian coastline. Orbx created over 90 custom landmark buildings and structures that turn Adelaide into a more realistic version in Flight Simulator, greatly improving the immersion levels while flying in the area.
Besides the custom 3D objects, there’s an additional 100 square km of aerial imagery depicting Adelaide’s terrain in and around the city.
There are many interesting points to explore here, from the planned urban center to the famous wine regions around the city, not forgetting about the beautiful coastline.
Overall, in true Orbx fashion, this looks like another great scenery to explore in Flight Simulator, perfect for those immersive flights filled with gorgeous landscapes.
Landmarks Adelaide City Pack is now available through Orbx Direct for just around $12.99 AUD / US$9.86
- More than 90 custom landmark buildings and structures
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, marinas, tall powerline towers, etc.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Adelaide and adjacent tank farms and industrial areas
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain.
- Custom orthoimagery (~100 sq km) for the downtown and port areas as well as the St Vincent Gulf shoreline and salt evaporation ponds
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography