Sim-wings has released the Spanish airport of La Palma (GLCA), located on the homonymous island in the Canaries. This follows other airport releases by the development studio, such as Munich and Ibiza airports.
La Palma airport is mostly served by regional flights to other islands in the archipelago, such as Tenerife and Grand Canaria. However, there’s also some flight to major European cities.
Sim-wings is promising a highly detailed recreation of the airport, which makes use of custom aerial photography for a realistic representation of the airport terrain and its surroundings.
There’s also some careful terraforming work in order to perfectly integrate the airport with the default Flight Simulator scenery. This also extends to the runway, where you’ll find a sloped profile that matches the real-world version.
Additionally, there’s custom and dynamic night lighting that creates a nice and moody environment after dusk, perfect for those late arrivals and early departures.
La Palma Airport is now available through Aerosoft for just around 20€.
- Highly detailed scenery of La Palma Airport, Canaries Islands
- Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
- Runway with real elevation profile (sloped)
- Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
- Seamless transition to the default simulator landscape
- Intensive use of PBR Materials to build realistic surface
- Detailed taxi, ground lines and stands according to current maps
- Animated jetways at two parkpositions
- Many animated Objects, like Windturbines, Weatherstation and Windsocks
- Weather and Time related Humans and parasols at and around the Terminal
- Many static apron vehicles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting