The F-15 Eagle by DC Designs has just received its most significant update yet, bringing the aircraft to version 1.0 and, in the developer’s own words, putting the Eagles “up to standard with all functions available to the user“.
The F-15 was a very anticipated aircraft for MSFS that, upon its release a month ago, received a mixed reception from simmers, who pointed out some unrealistic behavior from the aircraft and the lack of a series of features. However, DC Designs kept working on improving their product with constant updates, culminating now with this latest one that fixes many things and brings some much-requested features.
Besides the long list of bug fixes, there’s now an improved Wwise sound set that completely overhauls the audio experience in the aircraft, but also some seriously improved textures inside and out, flight model and aerodynamics upgrades, icing effects, and much more.
The entire changelog can be found below, and the new version is now available. The F-15 will also become available through the MSFS Marketplace in the coming weeks!
F-15 Eagle – v1.0.1
BUG FIXES (all variants)
– Flickering light in virtual cockpits: FIXED
– Control column top Ngons: FIXED
– Ailerons reversed in VC view: FIXED
– Cockpit camera left view error: FIXED
– HSI and CDI INOP: Fixed for full VOR/DME navigation
– Cold and dark ramp start: FIXED
– HSI distance and course read-outs: FIXED
– HUD hard to read in bright light: FIXED (see ADDITIONS below)
– HUD AoA bracket not visible: FIXED
– HDG and CRS knobs not working correctly: FIXED
– ILS detection invalid: FIXED
– GPS/NAV switch not present: FIXED
– Fuel flow indicators inaccurate: FIXED
– INOP generator switches: REMOVED (not functioning correctly in MSFS)
– INOP master-start switch: REMOVED (Event Master Start All not available in MSFS as a “switch”)
– INOP Hydraulic switches: REMOVED (F-15 has engine-driven hydraulic system)
– To/From flags missing from HSI: FIXED
– Floodlight switch reversed: FIXED
– Some internal PBR surfaces not displaying: FIXED
– Heading knob working but not animating: FIXED
– Toe-brakes too weak: FIXED
– F-15D gyro-compass acting like whiskey compass: FIXED
– Tailhook handle INOP: FIXED
– Tailhook external INOP: FIXED
– Rain and snow entering cockpit: FIXED
– Throttles not responding at low RPM setting: FIXED
– WWise custom sound set from SimAcoustics, unique engine sounds for Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 and Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 plus internal cockpit sounds, sound attenuation, AI sounds, 3D sound and more…
Exterior PBR effects enhanced with new metallic texture sheets for more realistic surface finish
– Further enhancements to the aerodynamics and engine files (in collaboration with, and with permission of, expert modders “CodenameJack447”, “Severus” and “Silent”)
– Icing effects added to canopy and windshield
– Mild “tint” added to windshield for better HUD visibility in bright sunlight
– Scratches on canopy glass enhanced for greater visibility
– Anti-Ice switch added for windshield
-HUD power switch added to all versions on HUD control panel
– Fuel gauge read-out simplified to total fuel weight (pounds)
– Hz ADF dial added (KHz dial can also be tapped to change Hz frequency)
– Checklists added to the in-sim Dropdown menu
NOTE: Autopilot remains a simple 3-axis system and does not have selectable VS or ALT. Fly to the required “numbers”, activate AP master, then grab HDG Hold, ALT Hold.
Set throttle for airspeed.
Set GPS/NAV switch to “NAV” for VOR navigation, switch to “GPS” to follow a flight plan.