As promised last week, iniBuilds has released their latest airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This time, the team invites us to visit Palm Springs, California, and explore the local International Airport (KPSP).
Located a mere two miles from the heart of Palm Springs, this digital rendition of Palm Springs International aims to serve as a lifelike gateway to this desert paradise. The airport, which saw nearly 3 million passengers in 2022, is a significant travel hub in California. It’s frequented by major U.S. airlines and also accommodates international flights from Canadian carriers like WestJet and Air Canada.
Palm Springs International is renowned for its stress-free ambiance, a characteristic that iniBuilds is keen to replicate in their simulation. The real-world airport features an open-air courtyard complete with dining and restroom facilities, a unique touch that has been meticulously recreated by iniBuilds. The attention to detail extends to various other parts of the airport, including terminals, jetways, and even business jet areas.
iniBuilds’ Palm Springs Airports offers a comprehensive set of features, including hand-crafted textures for runways, aprons, and other ground elements. Dynamic lighting, custom ground decals, and custom taxi signage are also on the feature list. Additionally, the scenery incorporates local landmarks, most notably the San Gorgonio Pass wind farm, which has been modeled and animated for enhanced immersion.
The scenery is designed for optimal performance, leveraging the latest features available in the MSFS SDK. It is also compatible with iniManager, enabling users to tailor the scenery’s performance to their specific systems. A GSX profile is part of the package as well.
KPSP Palm Springs Airport is available now from iniBuilds. This weekend only, until Monday, 23rd October, you can purchase this airport for an exclusive price of £9.99 GBP (excluding VAT) exclusively through the iniManager. After this promotional period, the standard price of £14.99 GBP plus tax will be applied.
- Hand crafted ground poly, textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Up to date airport layout reflecting the current, real-world location
- Fully modelled local POI’s and surrounding buildings including San Gorgonio Pass wind farm!
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- GSX profile included
- Full iniManager compatibility to configure your scenery for the best possible performance for your system.