A year after launching Chicago Landmarks for MSFS, which added roughly two thousand custom made buildings and objects to the Windy City, Drzewiecki Design is now returning to this location with a brand new airport: Midway International Airport (KMDW), also known as the “busiest square mile in the world”, is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Midway International Airport may have been replaced by O’Hare as the main airport serving Chicago, but that didn’t stop it from becoming one of the busiest airports in the US, with more than 20 million passengers served per year, the majority handled by Southwest Airlines, who has a dominant position in the airport.
Midway Airport covers just around one square mile, with 5 runways and 3 concourses entrenched between developed city blocks. Landing thresholds need to be displaced to provide obstacle clearance, and both the FAA and airliners must adhere to strict load limits and weather limits.
Drzewiecki Design says this is their most advanced airport yet for Microsoft Flight Simulator, with new levels of complexity, texture detail, and modeling. The terminal has the now customary detailed interiors, which may be of dubious practicality if hidden from the gate, but definitely add to the immersion at times… and look interesting in the screenshots!
Naturally, Drzewiecki Design’s rendition of KMDW should go along brilliantly with the Chicago Landmarks pack, and the developers say they are both perfectly compatible.
Chicago Midway International Airport is now available for MSFS, priced at around $20.00.
- A high quality model of KMDW Chicago Midway, featuring the up-to-date version with extensive details throughout the whole airport
- FPS-friendly design, with epic night textures, dynamic lighting and PBR materials
- High definition mesh including exact runway profile
- Performance-friendly interior modeling at all terminal buildings, most hangars and the control tower, static aircraft, custom animations, custom animated jetways
- Fully compatible with Chicago Landmarks MSFS by Drzewiecki Design
MSFS Addons is reader-supported. When you buy through links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you!