UPDATE, September 3, 2022: The Airbus A330-300 from Project Mega Pack is back!
The Project Mega Pack team is back! With it, they bring a new version of their popular freeware Airbus A330 for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
This was an aircraft that was initially launched in early 2021, but ended up being discontinued after the team stopped collaborating due to a number of reasons (the Headwind A330 has since become an excellent replacement!). Now, Project Mega Pack is back, with both the new livery packs and an updated version of the A330.
The PMP A330 is now at version 0.3, which effectively makes the aircraft work again in the simulator, with a few additional fixes. This remains a somewhat simplistic simulation of the A330, featuring a custom-built 3D model of the A330, an A320neo cockpit with some A330-specific features built on top, custom engine sounds, some effects and animations, and faithful flight performance. The PMP team promises that “semi-realistic” long-haul flights are now possible with their A330, despite the long work that still needs to be done.
- Fully custom, built-from-scratch A330-300 model with fully custom PBR based textures
- Semi-custom cockpit including custom windows, throttles, engine starters, lighting, MCDU changes, and buttons, bringing the default A320neo cockpit closer that of the A330-300
- Custom RR 700 engines and sounds provided by ftsim+
- Near to life flight dimensions and characteristics
- Tire smoke, Engine/APU heat effects
- Included passenger and freight variants
The Project Mega Pack Airbus A330-300 is now available for free! Click below to go straight to the download page:
New In Version 0.3:
- Corrected external camera HUD
- Corrected tire smoke, added
- Corrected engine thrust values
- Corrected thrust reverser effectiveness
- Corrected overly effective rudder (while airborne only, still trying to figure out how to make it less effective on the ground)
- Reworked flight model, adjusted aerodynamics
- Fixed broken sound on P2F variant
- Improved default livery textures for passenger and P2F variants (fuselage, wings, engines, tires)
- Fixed broken MFD/ND
- Revised weight and fuel consumption
- Simbrief profiles for passenger and freighter variants
- Corrected interactive points (jetway, cargo, catering, pushback)
- APU Heat Haze effect added
- Steering effectiveness corrected
- Adjusted fuel consumption
- Adjusted toe brake effectiveness
- Cockpit Dome light, Pedestal light fixed(separated and angle adjust)
- Adjusted landing lights, strobe lights, taxi lights and take off lights
- Adjusted flap angles
- MCDU FL400 max
- Improved tire roll and gear up/down sounds