A good week for Flight Simulator on Xbox: 4 new aircraft!
MSFS Marketplace updates are sometimes pretty unremarkable, with no significant releases on each category. Other times, we get a good selection of new aircraft, great airports, and fresh liveries to fly around in. This week is one of the latter, with 3 brand new airplanes and a futuristic dropship from the Halo franchise. And they are all available for Xbox!
Console simmers often complain about the lack of new airplanes, but they have little to complain about this time around. With almost a handful of new toys, there’s plenty to entertain everyone, from the most casual pilot to the more rigorous flyers.
It’s hard to highlight one of the aircraft releases this week, but we’ll pick one: the Carenado “Twin Beech”, a stunning oldie that takes advantage of Carenado’s aesthetical talents to bring one of the most beautiful vintage airplanes yet to MSFS. The Beech Model 18 was a very popular commuter airplane for decades, and continues to be flown today by operators from all across the world. It’s now a Local Legend in MSFS, perfect to pair with the newly released World Update 10: USA.
Which of these new releases is your favorite?
If you’re saving for a future purchase and don’t mind diving into the fictional world of Halo, then check the D77-TC Pelican, released this week by the time Microsoft also announced the 40th Anniversary Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator. It may not be a realistic aircraft, but it’s quite fun, unique in its looks and flying capabilities… and free!
Today we also saw the release of two new light airplanes, the TB-30 Epsilon from AzurPoly, and the BRISTELL B23, which marks the arrival of Airfoillabs in MSFS. Worth a look if you fancy small piston-powered single-engined airplanes, although one is quite more modern than the other.
As usual, there’s more new stuff besides aircraft. Make sure to see if any of the new liveries for the A320 suit your mood, or grab one of the new airports from the likes of Beautiful Model of the World, Simulacion Extrema, and more!
So, which new bird are you taking to the skies this weekend? Share your plans with us in the comments below!
- D77-TC PELICAN (MICROSOFT) – FREE (PC/Xbox)
- BEECHCRAFT MODEL 18 (MICROSOFT/CARENADO) – $14.99 (PC/Xbox)
- BRISTELL B23 (AIRFOILLABS) – $24.99 (PC/Xbox)
- TB30 EPSILON (AZURPOLY) – $19.99 (PC/Xbox)
- A320 RETRO LIVERY (DREAMSCENERY) – $5.99 (PC/Xbox)
- A320NEO CFM56 SOUND + VINTAGE (BREDOK3D) – $6.99 (PC/Xbox)
- DAHER TBM 930 UEFA COLLECTION (TAMAS PANFI & PERFECT FLIGHT) – $11.49 (PC/Xbox)
- PACK LIVERIES ASOBO A320 ASIA (GEARDOWN SIMULATIONS) – $5.49 (PC/Xbox)
Scenery & Airports
- WMKK AIRPORT NIGHT ENHANCED (DREAMSCENERY) – $9.99 (PC/Xbox)
- EKEL ENDELAVE AIRFIELD (SIMNORD) – $6.99 (PC/Xbox)
- KBLU – BLUE CANYON NYACK (X-CODR DESIGNS) – $4.99 (PC/Xbox)
- KDEC DECATUR AIRPORT (MSFSCENERYBUILDERS) – $11.99 (PC/Xbox)
- LEXJ SANTANDER AIRPORT (BEAUTIFUL MODEL OF THE WORLD) – $9.99 (PC/Xbox)
- LIPB BOLZANO AIRPORT (BEAUTIFUL MODEL OF THE WORLD) – $9.99 (PC/Xbox)
- LJLJ LJUBLJANA AIRPORT (SCENIC ROUTES) – $16.99 (PC)
- SAZY CHAPELCO AIRPORT (SIMULACION EXTREMA) – $12.99 (PC/Xbox)