Canadians, rejoice! The second busiest airport in the Great White North is now available in Microsoft Flight Simulator in all its glory.
FSDreamTeam released today CYVR Vancouver airport for MSFS, a conversion of their FSX version from 2013, but now updated with a current airport layout and several MSFS specific features when possible.
Vancouver International Airport (IATA: YVR, ICAO: CYVR) is an international airport in Richmond, British Columbia. It is located 12 km (7.5 mi) from Downtown Vancouver. It is the second busiest airport in Canada by aircraft movements (306,799) and passengers (25.9 million), behind Toronto Pearson International Airport.
Now available for just $9.99, with discounts available for previous customers.
Here are the main features of this popular airport from FSDT:
- The airport layout has been updated. A whole new section of the main Terminal ( Pier B, Gate 11-28 ) has been modeled, together with the new extension ( Pier A, gate 1-12 )
- Due to these changes, lots of parking names has been renamed, to reflect the current situation.
- All textures and materials has been improved and converted to PBR, with added normal map details and proper metallic/roughness maps.
- Dynamic Lighting has been remade entirely from scratch, using the native MSFS 2020 lighting system, with hundreds of individual light sources.
- The background photoreal image has been updated to reflect changes at Piers A and B of the Main Terminal.
- All Aprons materials has been remade using the native MSFS system.
- All 3d taxi-light fixtures have been remade using the native MSFS system.
- Runways have now their correct Slope profile.
- Jetways has been all remade according to the latest MSFS 2020 SDK.
Learn more about airport news and releases for Flight Simulator in our dedicated section!