France VFR releases France Airports Pack 3, adding 5 detailed airports to MSFS at an affordable price
French VFR has released France Airports Pack 3, a bundle of popular French commercial airports that are now available at an especially-low price. At €29.90, this pack is the latest in a series of releases from French VFR that aims to recreate in MSFS the immense variety of French airports.
The French VFR Airport Pack 3 expands the already expansive repertoire from French VFR by adding five notable French commercial airports: LFML – Marseille Provence, LFSB – Basel-Mulhouse-Fribourg, LFBT – Tarbes-Lourdes Pyrenees, LFJL – Metz-Nancy Lorraine, and LFRK – Caen Carpiquet. Each of these airports has also been released standalone but they are now available as a bundle with an even more attractive price.
The developers have ambitiously set their sights on eventually offering about 30 of the most frequented and renowned French commercial airports. The objective is clear: to provide a blend of IFR/VFR platforms that strike the perfect balance between homogeneity, visual fidelity, and realism.
The pack comes replete with impressive features. Ground textures have been reworked to a resolution of 0.25m/pixel and 0.5m/pixel, using aerial images from IGN (L’Institut Géographique National) for each airport. Photo-realistic 3D buildings, specific to each airport, and reworked vegetation contribute to the realistic nature of each airport.
Each of these airports opens up a range of opportunities for flight simulator users to explore France. LFML, being the fifth busiest airport in France, offers a challenging mix of commercial and low-cost air traffic, an exciting prospect for those looking to test their air traffic management skills. LFSB, on the other hand, is a unique tri-national airport operated by France and Switzerland. LFBT is known for its special charter flights for religious pilgrimages. LFJL provides a more relaxed flying experience with its less busy schedule, perfect for beginners or those who prefer a leisurely flight. Finally, LFRK, with its strategic location near the D-Day landing beaches, offers historically significant flyovers and varied weather conditions that challenge your piloting skills.
France VFR – Airport France Pack 3 is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator, priced at €29.90.
- Ground textures 0.25m/pixel and 0.5m/pixel résolution reworked aerial images from IGN for each airport
- High resolution ground textures and detailed markings on each platform
- Photo-realistic 3D buildings specific to each platform
- Vegetation reworked on each platform and its surroundings
- Realistic night lighting reworked on each platform
- Runways profiles (slopes) reworked on each platform
- Animated jetways
- Compatible with the VFR France product range
- Geo-referenced data for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed on the same area
- Development process 100% SDK (System Developement Kit) specifications compliant, ensuring maximum compatibility with new releases
- SIA – VAC – IAC – APT – ARRDEP charts provided
These technical specifications are generic to the airports contained in this pack but may vary slightly from one airport to another depending on its configuration.
MSFS Addons is reader-supported. When you buy through links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you!