France VFR has released today its newest airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This time, it’s LFBT Tarbes-Lourdes Pyrénées Airport that gets the attention of the developers, joining the team’s extensive portfolio that seeks to recreate France’s vast selection of airports and smaller airfields..
France VFR is well-known for its dedication to creating mixed IFR/VFR airports, blending high-quality visual rendering with realism at an attractive price point. The captivating images of LFBT Tarbes-Lourdes Pyrénées Airport are no exception. Players can expect the same level of detail and accuracy they have come to know and love from France VFR’s previous releases, such as LFSB Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg Airport or Marseille Provence Airport, two of their most recent releases.
The real-world LFBT Tarbes-Lourdes Pyrénées Airport sets itself apart from other airports due to its unique function as a temporary storage facility and aircraft destruction site. Located in the scenic region of the Pyrénées Mountains in southwestern France, the airport is another interesting addition to the simulator in a region of high natural and cultural interest. This airport is also known as an important gateway into Lourdes, whose striking Christian sanctuary is one of the most visited in the world.
France VFR claims that its rendition of Tarbes-Lourdes Pyrénées airport for MSFS models the scenery in an extremely detailed fashion, including airport buildings, textures and ground markings as well as its night
lights and many objects. The airport’s storage capabilities are on full display in this product, with plenty of parked static aircraft, which include a few Airbus A380s.
This new airport is designed to be compatible with France VFR’s extensive product line, featuring geo-referenced data for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed in the same area. This ensures that players can fully immerse themselves in the rich landscape of Tarbes-Lourdes and its surrounding region.
- High-resolution floor textures and detailed markings.
- Reworked 50cm/pixel resolution ground textures from IGN aerial photos.
- Specific photo-realistic 3D buildings.
- Vegetation reworked on the platform and its surroundings.
- Realistic night lighting reworked on the platform.
- Respect for track profiles and markings.
- Autonomous operation or in addition to our range of VFR FRANCE scenes.
- Geo-referenced wedge ensuring maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed on the same area.
- Development process 100% compliant with the specifications of the SDKs (System Dvelopment Kit), thus ensuring maximum compatibility when new versions arrive.
- SIA – VAC – IAC – APT – ARRDEP cards provided.
MSFS Addons is reader-supported. When you buy through links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!