Orbx is back with its excellent Landmarks Packs for MSFS, and they are also returning to their homeland in Australia. Landmarks Melbourne was just announced and is set to bring this gorgeous city to even higher standards in MSFS!
Orbx’s Landmarks series has brought numerous improvements to some urban landscapes around the world. Australia has seen its fair share of releases, with Adelaide, Auckland, Brisbane, and Sydney getting their landscapes covered with high-quality 3D buildings, landmarks and many additional improvements. Now it’s time for Melbourne to get the same treatment, with auspicious results: the first preview images look absolutely spectacular!
Melbourne is one of the most important cities in Australia, home to more than 5 million people, the second busiest airport (YMML), and the busiest seaport. Orbx is looking to take advantage of this impressive status to create another comprehensive Landmarks package that will improve a scenery that was already extensively updated in World Update 7 with photogrammetry and a few custom landmarks.
Now, Orbx will add 200 custom-made buildings, landmarks, and other structures, which will include the most famous locations in the city, such as the Royal Exhibition Center, St Patrick’s Cathedral, Parliament of Victoria, Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne Museum, Collins Arch, Dockland towers, and much more.
A fantastic new addition to be brought by Landmarks Melbourne will be animated objects. Metro trains, hot air balloons, and racehorses will be getting some life down below, which will definitely be an interesting sight when flying above the city.
Landmarks Melbourne will also add some bespoke features outside of the city center. Important VFR reporting points have been recreated in great detail, such as Doncaster and Parkmore shopping centers, Laverton BoM tower, and Victoria Police Training Academy. Numerous helipads will also be found across the city, specially tailored for helicopter pilots looking to take in the gorgeous urban views in Melbourne.
As usual, Orbx is also taking this opportunity to fine-tune the terrain elevation, night lighting, ground textures, and more.
Landmarks Melbourne should be out soon for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Until then, enjoy these remarkable initial shots that showcase many of the included features in great detail!
- More than 200 custom buildings and structures.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Melbourne and adjacent industrial areas.
- Helipads on several rooftops, as well as on floating platforms along the Yarra River.
- Animated Hot Air Balloons north of the CBD, visible on mornings with clear weather.
- Animated CBD Metro trains on the viaduct between Flinders and Southern Cross stations.
- Animated racehorses on Moonee Valley and Flemington racecourse.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, marinas, tall powerline towers, etc.
- Precise placement of our custom landmarks within the simulator’s terrain and the city’s photogrammetry coverage.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography
- Fully compatible with World Update 7 Australia and meant to be used with it.