sim-wings is back to the Spanish archipelago of Canary Islands, now with the largest airport in the islands. After publishing La Palma and Tenerife airports, the studio has now brought us a detailed representation of Gran Canaria Airport (GCLP) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Gran Canaria Airport is a good base to use as a starting point to explore the islands, which are a popular summer destination for continental Europeans, but it’s also nicely located somewhere halfway between some popular routes connecting European capitals with South America. Because of that, it’s also an interesting airport for airliner pilots, especially now that some top-level airliners have become available for MSFS.
sim-wings has retreated this scenery with the developer’s typical attention to detail, with features such as a sloped runway, functional windsocks, and support for Aerosoft’s VDGS system (which, by the way, was also added to Cologne/Bonn, Trondheim-Vaernes, and Paderborn/Lippstadt airports).
Looking to present MSFS simmers with an accurate, up-to-date, and realistic depiction of Gran Canaria Airport, sim-wings used real-world charts for the ground markings, a modeled interior in the main buildings, animated jetways, and other similarly appreciable features that should make this an airport to consider in your next scenery shopping bag for MSFS.
Gran Canaria Airport from sim-wings is now available through Aerosoft, priced at around €17.
- Highly detailed Gran Canaria Airport scenery
- Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
- Runway with real elevation profile (sloped) and on a lower level then the Apron of the airport
- Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
- Intensive use of PBR Materials to build realistic surface for all Buildings and Objects
- Detailed ground markings based on recent charts of parking stands
- Extremely detailed Gran Canaria airport buildings with interior designs at apron side and infrastructure buildings
- Detailed animated jetway models with Lighteffects while moving
- Functional windsocks
- Many static apron vehicles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- Real working VDGS Docking Systems with Aerosoft VDGS Modules