sim-wings is back to MSFS with the release of another Spanish airport. After similar launches such as La Palma or Ibiza airports, the developers are now launching Tenerife Sur Airport (GCTS), the newest and largest of the island, after the infamous Tenerife North Airport (the one from the worst aviation accident in history).
Tenerife Sur Airport was built to be an alternative to its northern sibling, which suffers from historically poor weather conditions. It was opened in 1978 and has since become the main gateway into the island, with numerous destinations from all over Europe and beyond. Tenerife is a very popular tourist destination and Sur Airport is how most of them arrive at the island.
Similarly to their previous work with other airports, sim-wings recreated Tenerife Sur Airport for MSFS in a high level of detail, with new high-resolution aerial images that lay the groundwork for the very realistic and detailed airport buildings and ground layout.
The developers have recreated the airport runway very accurately, placing it at a lower level compared to the apron. The Terminal interior is also well modeled, providing nice views inside when parked at a gate. Even the current construction works on the new terminal connection are visible.
Tenerife Sur Airport by sim-wings is now available through Aerosoft’s online store and will set you back around 20€.
- Highly detailed Tenerife Sur Airport scenery
- Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
- Runway with real elevation profile (sloped) and on a lower level than the Apron of the airport
- Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
- Intensive use of PBR Materials to build realistic surface for all buildings and objects
- Detailed ground markings based on recent charts of parking stands and new taxiway layouts (AIRAC 2104), includes recent main taxiway extension and huge changes of taxiway layout
- Extremely detailed Tenerife Sur airport buildings with interior designs at apron side and infrastructure buildings
- Detailed animated jetway models with light effects while moving
- Functional windsocks
- Many static apron vehicles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting