The Canada World Update for Microsoft Flight Simulator was mildly received by the community, who quickly pointed out a few obvious faults with the update. Some of the most glaring ones were related to the new photogrammetry introduced to major cities like Vancouver and Toronto, which didn’t exactly do justice to some of the city’s buildings, such as the CN Tower.
Simmers who have been craving a better cityscape in Toronto and Vancouver since then can now experiment with two new products from SamScene, who brings us a simultaneous release of two new installments in the City Times series, one for each city.
Starting with Toronto, Canada’s most populous city, SamScene has added over 200 handcrafted buildings to the city, which replace or complement the existing photogrammetry. It’s compatible with FsimStudios rendition of Toronto City Airport, so you’re getting a complete Toronto experience with both add-ons installed.
Vancouver City Times is a bit more comprehensive as it includes over 300 iconic buildings covering the Vancouver and Victoria skylines. Like Toronto’s package, the city’s most iconic buildings have been reproduced with 2K PBR textures and include many famous museums, hotels, banks, bridges, and more.
Vancouver City Times also affects the harbour area with a detailed heliport, boats, and yachts. Compatibility is also ensured with existing renditions of Vancouver Airport from FSimStudio and FSDreamTeam.
Vancouver City Times Features:
- Over 300 handcrafted iconic building models over Vancouver and Victoria
- All buildings with 2K PBR textures
- Many famous museums, buildings, malls, hotels, banks, ATC tower, plaza, hospital, bridges, landmarks, etc
- Detailed design of Vancouver Harbour Seaplane port (CYHC) and Victoria Seaplane port (CYWH)
- Detailed design of Vancouver Harbour Heliport
- Added many boats and yachts all over Vancouver and Victoria city shores
- Beautiful night effects of each buildings
- Corrected some default vegetation over the city
- Fully compatible with FsimStudio and FSDreamteam Vancouver airport
- It works with either photogrammetry turned on or off