iniBuilds announces the Airbus A300 for MSFS, P-40F landing next week
iniBuilds has been on a roll recently, with fantastic releases and new product announcements that are sure to bring many hours of fun to MSFS simmers. Following the recent release of the excellent (and free!) A310, the studio is now gearing up for the launch in Microsoft Flight Simulator of its flagship product: the Airbus A300-600F!
In the latest development update from the iniBuilds, the team revealed their excitement for a 2023 that will be full of “super cool projects“. It’s implied that there are a few aircraft involved, one of which will be the A300-600F. This will be an independent release (ie., out of the MS/Asobo partnership) and will feature a brand new exterior 3D model made from scratch for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
For the unaware, the iniBuilds A300 is currently the crown jewel in the iniBuilds portfolio, but only for X-Plane. It’s widely regarded as one of the best airliners on that platform, a highly-authentic simulation of the 1980s classic that paved the way for the Airbus that we know today.
iniBuilds promises more details in future updates, including preview images of the new model in MSFS. Stay tuned for that as the team moves forward with the development of this new airliner for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
P-40F WarHawk – pricing and post-release plans detailed
Before all that, iniBuilds has more cool products in store for us. Starting next week, if all goes well, MSFS simmers will have a new warbird to fly around in the simulator, with the planned release of the P-40F WarHawk. This project was unveiled earlier this month and some lucky simmers even had the opportunity to fly it first-hand during FSWeekend! It’s now about to arrive to the general public in what appears to be a very in-depth product.
iniBuilds used the latest update to let us know more details about the features at launch and what’s planned for subsequent updates. For starters, the P-40F will feature the latest CFD implementation available for developers to tune to the flight model for the utmost realism. Furthermore, the heart of the airplane, the legendary Merlin engine, will be modeled in great detail, not only in terms of visuals, but also in its behavioural characteristics.
Here’s the full list of features that will launch with the P-40F:
- Utilizing the latest in CFD implementation from Microsoft in aspects of flight including the primary flight surfaces, control surfaces and the propeller
- Authentically modelled Merlin engine, delivering true to life performance, curated with empirical evidence from pilots rated on type.
- Fully modelled and functional fuel system, utilizing the new fuel mechanics offered by Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Fully functional EFB – including maintenance page, moving map, radios and weather information. This is an optional feature, for those wishing to have a more authentic experience (EFB can be toggled off)
- Removable cowlings exposing our detailed Rolls Royce Merlin Model, in addition to removable gun bay covers or baggage compartments depending on the variant you wish to fly
- Authentic real world sound set from an operational P-40F
- Fully functional lighting both inside and out, including UV glow in the dark gauges and needles, allowing you to fly in all types of weather!
- Seven 4K liveries using the latest industry techniques, whilst maintaining an authentic style of the aircraft
After this initial release, iniBuilds plans to quickly deploy at least two product updates that will tackle specific areas of the P-40F. First, the mandatory bug fixes that come naturally following a new product launch will be a priority. Then, iniBuilds plans to upgrade the included EFB with augmented route-planning capabilities, for those who wish to use modern technology to plot their next adventures.
A second patch will look to improve some systems like the fuel and ground handling dynamics, while also adding wear and maintenance options, such as oil changes. The idea is to have some systems deteriorate with time and have simmers check for their status on a regular basis, or risk experiencing unwanted consequences.
iniBuilds seems really keen on giving MSFS simmers a high-fidelity new warbird to fly in the simulator and they’re hoping to attract a large user base with a very enticing price! The P-40F will retail at just £19.99, which is decidedly a great pricing point for a product such as this and when compared to existing offerings of this kind!
The iniBuilds P-40F is planned for a release next week! We should be able to share with you our early impressions before the launch, so stay tuned for further coverage in a few days!