The most detailed rendition of KLAX is now out for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Only a month after the first unveiling of this project, iniScene has released today its ultra-detailed scenery for LAX – Los Angeles International Airport. It’s the best version of this iconic airport yet for MSFS, surpassing the already-decent default scenery and all existing third-party alternatives!
Los Angeles International Airport, commonly known as LAX, is one of the busiest airports in the United States and the world. It reached a whopping 88 million passengers served in 2019 and is both a huge domestic hub and a connection point for incoming and outgoing international flights.
LAX really needs no introduction, as it’s one of the most famous airports in the world and a popular cultural icon. It’s a mandatory visit for any aviation enthusiast, especially in the virtual world of MSFS, where it’s easier to reach from the comfort of your home.
iniScene’s version of LAX is based on the current state of the site. This airport has been under construction work for a while, so the development team promises regular updates to the product that aim to keep up with all the real-world modifications.
MSFS users have been able to enjoy a decent default representation of LAX, but this new scenery from iniScene is on a whole other level. Even competing products like FeelThere’s implementation pale in comparison to the exquisite level of detail in iniScene’s product. Here you will find an extremely accurate, well-modeled and textured scenery, with custom jetways, detailed interiors, VDGS, and much more!
Early impressions of our own and other fellow users have also found a very well-optimized scenery, with no discernible performance hit. It even seems to be less demanding than Asobo’s stock implementation!
This really is a no-brainer if you fly the big jets around this area. It’s the scenery LAX deserves in Microsoft Flight Simulator and it’s now available exclusively through the iniBuilds store, priced at £19.99 (around $22). Expect a release on Simmarket in about a week and in the Marketplace thereafter, at a slightly higher cost.
Looking to further augment the experience of flying in California, iniScene will also soon release a freeware scenery dedicated to Venice Beach. Watch the trailer video below!
LAX Features list:
- Hand-made ground textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Hand-placed, high-definition vegetation, signage, ground clutter, vehicles, handling objects
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Detailed yet optimised, custom interior model for the Tom Bradley International Terminal with parallax effect at other terminals
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- Custom built jetways with realistic variations using PBR texturing and animations, including gate number toppers
- Accurate logos, real-world decals and advertisements scattered throughout the airport to promote a true to life feeling
- Hand-placed, airline-specific, bespoke ground service equipment placed accurately at each gate/terminal featuring hundreds of containers and dollies
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Visual Docking Guidance System by Nool.aero