iniBuilds’ in-house scenery development team, iniScene, is back to the (very) big airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The studio has just announced today that they are now finishing up work in the massive KLAX Airport, in Los Angeles, expecting a release of this iconic aviation site for MSFS very soon.
Los Angeles International Airport, commonly known as LAX, is one of the busiest airports in the United States and the world. It reached a whopping 88 million passengers served in 2019 and is both a huge domestic hub and a connection point for incoming and outgoing international flights.
LAX really needs no introduction, as it’s one of the most famous airports in the world and a popular cultural icon. It’s a mandatory visit for any aviation enthusiast, especially in the virtual world of MSFS, where it’s much more accessible to anyone in the world. This should soon become an enriching experience with iniScene’s version of this airport for MSFS.
iniScene is basing its efforts on the current state of LAX. The airport has been under construction works for a while, so iniScene is promising regular updates to the virtual product that aim to keep up with real-world changes and improvements.
With this announcement, iniBuilds also published an impressive trailer video of the product, which clearly demonstrates how detailed this scenery is going to be. It looks quite complete already (it’s actually entering beta testing these days), featuring a number of exciting features that should definitely bring this massive scenery to life in the simulator.
Make sure to watch the preview video above to get a sneak peek into this upcoming product from iniScene. The planned list of features is also reproduced below for your convenience! Note the inclusion of detailed terminal interiors, very realistic dynamic night lighting, accurate ground markings, VSDG, and more!
There’s no word on a release date just yet, other than it’s “coming soon“. For now, enjoy these nifty first preview images, and stay tuned for a release notice regarding iniScene’s exciting rendition of LAX for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
- Hand-made ground textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Hand-placed, high-definition vegetation, signage, ground clutter, vehicles, handling objects
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Detailed yet optimised, custom interior model for the Tom Bradley International Terminal with parallax effect at other terminals
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- Custom built jetways with realistic variations using PBR texturing and animations, including gate number toppers
- Accurate logos, real-world decals and advertisements scattered throughout the airport to promote a true to life feeling
- Hand-placed, airline-specific, bespoke ground service equipment placed accurately at each gate/terminal featuring hundreds of containers and dollies
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Visual Docking Guidance System by Nool.aero