The Concorde is ready to take off on Xbox
The DC Designs Concorde landed with aplomb in Microsoft Flight Simulator for PC a couple of weeks ago, after months of development that promised a fairly realistic and immersive experience. Flying this supersonic airliner in MSFS turned up to be quite pleasant for less demanding simmers, and that same experience can now be had on Xbox as well.
This week’s Marketplace update brings the usual assortment of add-ons. Airports comprise the bulk of the new releases, but the Concorde is definitely the highlight of this week. For the last two weeks, it’s been available through third-party vendors, but now it’s getting greater visibility in the Marketplace, in a simultaneous release for PC and Xbox. It’s a steep investment at around $40, but hey, it’s the Concorde, one of the most iconic airplanes in history!
Be advised that, despite being an accessible experience, you won’t be able to reach supersonic speeds at 1000ft. Flying the Concorde and achieving its famous speeds requires following the necessary procedures to get the aircraft to 60.000 ft. Follow the checklists to get to grips with the aircraft!
If flying at Mach 2 is not your cup of team, and you rather delve into the intricate modern systems of the Airbus A320, then you may be glad to know that there are now some new liveries to choose from, belonging to airlines from Africa, Asia, and Oceania.
There’s also a good variety of new airports, from small airfields to big international hubs (like FeelThere’s Dubai International Airport), so do check the full list below to see what’s new. As usual, if something grabbed your interest, head to the in-game Marketplace to buy your most-wished add-ons.
Airplanes and Liveries
- CONCORDE (DC DESIGNS) – $40.49 (PC/Xbox)
- A320 NEO LIVERIES PACK AFRICA/MIDDLE EAST (4SIMMERS) – $4.99 (PC/Xbox)
- A320 NEO LIVERIES PACK ASIA & OCEANIA (4SIMMERS) – $4.99 (PC/Xbox)
- CARIBBEAN PRIVATE JOURNEY (PERFECT FLIGHT) – $11.49 (PC/Xbox)
Airports and Scenery
- CANBERRA NIGHT ENHANCED (DREAMSCENERY) – $9.99 (PC/Xbox)
- ITAIPU DAM AND IGUAZU FALLS (FSOARES) – $5.49 (PC/Xbox)
- 24A JACKSON COUNTY AIRPORT (RMSTUDIOS) – $2.99 (Xbox)
- EDMJ JESENWANG AIRPORT (CLEARPROPSTUDIOS) – $7.99 (PC/Xbox)
- EDMK KEMPTEN AIRPORT (CLEARPROPSTUDIOS) – $7.99 (PC/Xbox)
- EDNH BAD WOERISHOFEN AIRPORT (CLEARPROPSTUDIOS) – $7.99 (PC/Xbox)
- EDNL LEUTKIRCH UNTERZEIL AIRPORT (CLEARPROPSTUDIOS) – $7.99 (PC/Xbox)
- FYWB WALVIS BAY AIRPORT (FSDG) – $19.99 (Xbox)
- FYWH HOSEA KUTAKO INTERNATIONAL (FSDG) – $14.99 (Xbox)
- GMAD AGADIR AL-MASSIRA INTERNATIONAL (FSDG) – $16.99 (Xbox)
- KMOT MINOT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MSFSCENERYBUILDERS) – $11.99 (PC/Xbox)
- KOAK METROPOLITAN OAKLAND AIRPORT (MSFSCENERYBUILDERS) – $11.99 (PC/Xbox)
- LSZE BAD RAGAZ AIRPORT (AG SIM) – $9.99 (PC/Xbox)
- LTAF ADANA AIRPORT (ST SIMULATIONS) – $12.99 (PC/Xbox)
- OMDB DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (FEELTHERE) – $24.99 (PC/Xbox)
- SDXJ COSTA RICA AIRPORT (MP SCENERY) – $5.49 (Xbox)
Have they managed to include all the bugs they worked into the PC version, or did they need to cut back on some to get it to run on the XBox?