After what seems to be a quick and efficient development cycle, AzurPoly released today their simulation of the Fouga CM.170 Magister for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Less than 3 months after the first preview images, the CM.170 is now available for purchase exclusively through the MSFS Marketplace.
Over the past couple of months, we saw the Magister quickly come to life with a very impressive 3D model and some nice textures and liveries. This is AzurPoly’s second aircraft for MSFS, after the BD-5J, which was effectively a testbed for the team to get acquainted with the development tools for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
AzurPoly is looking to put that knowledge into good use with this piece of French aeronautical history. The Fouga Magister is a distinctive airplane, with an elegant V-tail and long wings that are reminiscent of its glider cousin, the Fouga CM.8.
The developers promise a highly detailed aircraft on all fronts. Great visuals are a given at this point, and the early impressions from a few lucky ones, who had the chance to play with the aircraft over the last few days, are very positive! Just check this detailed first-look from our friend twotonemurphy, where you can get a feel of what the Fouga Magister is all about:
AzurPoly says that special attention was given to the brains of the aircraft, with custom coding for the electrical, hydraulic, fuel and oxygen systems. The included EFB helps the pilot manage these systems, and even enables some failures to be activated!
The Fouga Magister comes with 8 liveries, and AzurPoly is also working on a paint kit to enable third-party creators to make their own paint schemes. A comprehensive flight manual is also being finished at this point, to soon be made available for free through AzurPoly’s website.
All in all, the AzurPoly Fouga CM.170 Magister for MSFS appears to be a very compelling package, and it’s now available in the Marketplace for €24.99 / $24.99.
- Highly detailed 3D model
- 4k pixels PBR textures (A 8k update is planned)
- 8 liveries, including historical French Aerobatic Patrol
- Accurate flight dynamics based on connoisseurs feedback
- Custom EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) to manage aircraft settings
- High definition audio
- Custom hydraulic system with simulated emergency circuit
- Custom fuel system with fuel dumping capabilities
- Custom oxygen circuit
- Custom interior and exterior lighting
- Smoke system including several colors
- VR Compatible- MSFS checklists containing all procedures
- Operational copilot cockpit area
- AI Compatible
- Comprehensive flight manual downloadable on our website (available in few days)