Another month, another beta version of the H145 helicopter from Hype Performance Group. After Beta 7 last month, which introduced some cool downwash effects, performance improvements, among other changes, this time the changelog is considerably longer: Beta 8 adds a new AFCS with approach modes and new control methods, upgrades to the helicopter model, and an official AirlandFS profile for those looking for an alternative flight dynamics engine.
The H145 continues to get better as weeks go by, with the Luxury and Civilian variants already providing a very compelling helicopter experience in Microsoft Flight Simulator. The Military variant is still in the works, but the team continues to work on all fronts to reward Early Access buyers who took the plunge before the product was finished, and the result is here for all to see: if you’re looking for a helicopter to fly in MSFS, it doesn’t get any better than this at this point!
As said before, the new Beta 8 is a big update, starting with the new AFCS (Auto Flight Control System), which features all control modes. This addition immediately adds complexity to the auto flight system, so HPG highly recommends users to take a new look into the user guide to get acquainted with the new changes.
But there’s more besides the AFCS. Hype Performance Group includes in this package their own AirlandFS profile for the H145, an external flight dynamics engine that can be used instead of the integral flight model in the H145. AirlandFS has powered other helicopters for MSFS such as the Robinson R44 and it’s a great tool to implement helicopter flight dynamics in the simulator. The new profile introduced with this new version of the H145 should provide a good alternative for those looking to test how the H145 behaves with a somewhat different flight model.
The visuals also got some new touchups, such as improved rotor blur effects and a slight reduction in the rotor downwash effects, introduced with Beta 7, but somewhat exaggerated according to some opinions. it should now look more realistic.
These are just a few of the many new changes and features introduced with Beta 8 of the H145. See below the full release notes and, as usual, check your email to get the new version, or go directly to the H145 Download Center.
H145 Beta 8 Release Notes:
– New AFCS with all modes (VS, TRK, FPA, GS, APP, V.APP)
– Upgrade rotor blur textures
– Upgrade tablet model
– Flight Model: changes to drag model
– Flight Model: Reduce TR authority over 30kts
– Flight Model: NR will now droop without sufficient N1
– Flight Model: TRQ, N1, TOT calculation changes
– Add PULL UP/TERRAIN indication on FND
– ACAS FAIL and HTAWS FAIL when no power to AVIO 2
– Add CHK VNE indication (avionics bus not powered / amc not powered)
– Add MSG indication (GTN750 MSG function)
– Reduce rotor downwash effects a bit
– Add OEI HI/LO functions and graphics, FADEC limits respected
– Add ATT hover-domain fly-through follow-up trim
– Fix problems relating to pausing the game
– Add PLAN (PLN) mode to NAVD and DMAP (north-up)
– DME Hold is now operative
– Add an option to switch between SIM TIME and PC TIME reference for tablet clock and alarms
– Fix maps or SVS not always loading (map limit exceeded)
– Tablet Aircraft Setup page settings now persisted in STATE.cfg
– Nav sources must not be coupled to a specific MFD or the AP will disconnect after 10s
– Add realistic trim release for cyclic and collective controls
– Many performance improvements
– Advanced/Basic/Xbox is replaced with Realistic/Arcade + sensitivity slider
– Add a cyclic sensitivity slider
– Add Flight Path Vector to SVS – S/L can now steer left and right as well as up and down
– Add engine emissive texture
– Fixes for Saitek panels
– Add many more L:Vars and H:Events
– Adjust display brightness
– Warning sounds now play in exterior views
– Add ConfigTool to view and modify key bindings
– Fix rain drops and sounds not being synchronized
– Tablet beep trim functions now have labels
– Customizable Direction Finder hardware + app installed
– Online Weather on DMAP and MapsApp is now updated every 5 minutes
– Builds no longer expire
– ACAS, HTAWS, IBF can now be uninstalled
– IBF now persisted / settable from tablet app
– Show parking brake option is now off by default (persisted, tablet options page to enable)
– Doors may now be jettisoned
– Fixes to MGB pressure/temperature simulation
– Show pilot in external views option added (Manual (click belt) | Always (default))
– Tablet: Move Doors to action center / split Equipment and Options pages in Setup app
– ACAS traffic Alerts (1000m proximity, ABV/LVL/BLW).
– SVS now depends on AVIO 2 and will show an amber SVS if AVIO 2 is not switched on
– Add fuel LOW text on FND fuel gauge
– Add terrain/weather/airplane graphic on NAVD and DMAP
– Changes to WXR test pattern and test graphic display, display background lines