Hype Performance Group has released a major update to their beloved H145 helicopter for Microsoft Flight Simulator. After an intense six-month period of development and user testing, the package has been upgraded to version 2.0, packed with a multitude of enhancements, new features, and bug fixes.
A key highlight of this release is the adaptation of the native helicopter flight model introduced by Asobo Studio in Sim Update 11. While integrating this advanced model, the HPG team has been careful to retain the custom stability and autopilot features of the real-life H145.
HPG recommends users – both those updating to 2.0 and those trying out the H145 for the first time – to consult their freshly compiled online directory of documentation. The H145 is an intricate machine, and the development team has curated an invaluable collection of notes to ease users into the piloting experience.
This 2.0 update is chock-full of advancements including native Asobo Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) flight model that gives a realistic flight experience with the Automated Flight Control System (AFCS) both in the ON and OFF states. It also incorporates a native AFCS with authentic trim and parallel actuator simulation. Other notable enhancements include updated aircraft sounds, new control settings for a diverse range of input hardware, and an engaging full-screen mission app.
The update also introduces the integration of Aerosoft North Sea Landmarks into the HEMS Medevac Missions. This obviously requires users to have Aerosoft’s Offshore Landmarks: North Sea scenery installed. Furthermore, users will find the inclusion of POI databases like hospitals, helipads, and MSFS World Update POIs on the NAVD/DMAP page, and the mission app map.
For those keen on recording and reliving their flight experiences, this update comes with FlightControlReplay integration for flight recording and playback. And of course, it wouldn’t be a comprehensive update without a healthy dose of bug fixes and general improvements.
Here’s a list of some of the most important changes introduced to the H145 package with this Version 2.0 update:
- Native Asobo CFD Flight Model (realistic with the AFCS both OFF and ON)
- Native AFCS with realistic trim and parallel actuator simulation
- New control settings for a wide range of input hardware
- Updated aircraft sounds
- New full screen mission app
- Added Aerosoft North Sea Landmarks – HEMS Medevac Missions (requires third party Aerosoft North Sea Landmarks scenery)
- POI databases (hospitals, helipads, MSFS world update POIs) on NAVD/DMAP page and the mission app map
- Forward-Looking HTAWS aural and built-in HAT (height above terrain database) at the correct increments and colors
- FlightControlReplay partner integration – for flight recording and playback – watch for future growth with this integration
- DMAP/NAVD map background and foreground layer selection
- Mission System features for higher fidelity missions (briefings, object management)
- Hype Radio app to listen to internet radio stations nearby to your sim location
- Hype Live Map with POIs and other live H145 players
- Bugfixes and general improvements
The timing of this update coincides with the end of the HPG H145 Early Access pricing, which concludes this Sunday. The HPG H145 Base Pack will then revert to its regular price of $50 USD from the Early Access price of $42.99 USD. However, the HPG H145 Action Pack will stay at its current sale price of $35 USD until further notice.