Miltech Simulations launches UK Carrier Strike Group for MSFS
Miltech Simulations has released a new military-themed add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator, in line with previous releases from the team, like the MV-22B Osprey. This time, Miltech Simulations is offering simmers something to play around with while flying the Osprey or other appropriate military aircraft: the UK Carrier Strike Group.
A UK Carrier Strike Group is a carrier battle group from the Royal Navy, which comprises a selection of military ships centered around Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers. This mighty force is a key component of the UK’s power projection in the world. It also has the potential to be a fun playground for military pilots looking to practice their skills in Microsoft Flight Simulator!
It’s with that in mind that Miltech Simulations brings us a detailed rendition of this group of vessels, which can be used in a variety of ways. You can, for instance, spawn on the deck of HMS Queen Elizabeth or HMS Prince of Wales in any of the 10 static locations around the world. The developers also added 7 moving carrier locations. In this specific instance, you won’t be able to spawn directly on the deck but instead some 0.5 miles away, in the air.
Besides the carriers, this package also includes Type 23 Frigates and Type 45 Destroyers. These feature hard decks, specifically appropriate for helicopter flights.
The UK Carrier Strike Group from Miltech Simulations is available now through Orbx Direct, priced at just around $10.47 | €9,75 | £8.68. It looks like a great new scenery for Royal Navy enthusiasts or pilots looking to do some training at sea. Read more details below about the ships and their locations in the world of MSFS!
- Start your flights at the deck of HMS Queen Elizabeth or HMS Prince of Wales at any of the 10 locations around the globe (Static)
- NEW: 7 Moving carrier locations included (Not spawnable – identifiable with a POI Point (landmark) on the world map, which will spawn your aircraft in the air 0.5 Miles away from the carrier)
- Takeoff from the aircraft carrier deck using the famous Ski-Jump ramp
- All Type 23 Frigates and Type 45 Destroyers feature hard decks for helicopter flights.
- Fully Compatible with our other Carrier products (USS George Bush, Amphibious Ready Group)
- Static locations are fully compatible with MSFS Multiplayer. Moving locations not compatible (See notes below)
- Fully compatible with any aircraft, default or third party.
- Ultra-detailed Ships
- Ultra-detailed static aircraft on deck
- HMS Queen Elizabeth (R08) – Spawnable (Static) and Moving
- HMS Prince of Wales (R09) – Spawnable (Static) and Moving
- Type 23 Frigates (Hard Deck)
- Type 45 Destroyers (Hard Deck)
STATIC SHIPS Locations: All static locations are spawnable from the Runway (ready to fly) or Parking Spot 0 (Cold&Dark)
- R081 Portsmouth (R08)
- R082 Halifax (R08)
- R083 New York (R08)
- R084 Cyprus (R08)
- R085 North Sea (R08)
- R091 Northern Scotland (R09)
- R092 Gibraltar (R09)
- R093 Brunei (R09)
- R094 East Africa (by Kenya) (R09)
- R095 Caribbean (by the Virgin Islands) (R09)
MOVING SHIPS Locations: Moving ships are not spawnable on the carrier deck. The aircraft will spawn 0.5 Nautical Miles away from the carrier. Locations are not identifiable by ICAO codes, but instead are shown on the World Map as POI Landmarks.
- Irish Sea (R08)
- Scotland (R08)
- Falkland Islands (R08)
- Australia (R08)
- Baltic Sea (R09)
- Mediterranean Sea (R09)
- USA Pacific Coast (R09)