Update! – The -600 variant also got its first image previews today, along with some additional details ahead of its release later this month. Check the bottom of this post for more information!
Roughly three weeks after the release, the PMDG 737-700 is finally getting its first update for Microsoft Flight Simulator. PMDG faced a slight delay in their planned update schedule for the 737, but pilots of the Boeing workhorse can now get a long list of fixes and improvements to the beloved aircraft.
The PMDG 737-700 is now at build 3.00.0020, which mainly seems to introduce visual updates to both the exterior and the flight deck of the aircraft. If there was any criticism aimed at the 737 upon its release, many of it was due to some lackluster textures here and there (among other notable omissions like an EFB or SimBrief support), but PMDG now appears to be tackling those complaints decisively. Do let us know in the comments below about your impressions after this update!
The changelog for this update is available below, but there are a few things to note. First, this is a big update, so it will take its time. Secondly, because this is a really big update, the 737 will take a long time to load on the first launch, but loading speeds should go back to normal in future launches. Also, for some reason, PMDG reports that a few users may experience sound problems with the aircraft on the first time running it in MSFS. However, this issue should be automatically resolved by quitting MSFS and loading it up again.
This first update is now available to download and install through the PMDG Operations Center. See below the full ist of changes and come back later to see the first image previews of the 737-600 variant, which should also be published by PMDG today!
Release notes PMDG 737 for MSFS – 3.00.0020:
- 0011282: [General – Documentation] Documentation – Remove mention of Keyboard command option in FMC until function restored. (hvanrensburg)
- 0011289: [External Model – Liveries] Decal Mapping Error on engine cowlings (jbrown)
- 0011336: [General – Documentation] Various Corrections in the Tutorial Flight Document (hvanrensburg)
- 0011360: [External Model – Geometry] Touchdown Landing Gear Effect reversed laterally. (jbrown)
- 0011327: [Systems – Electrical] External Airstairs should be allowed to receive power from ship batteries. (hvanrensburg)
- 0011280: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Various geometry and texture gaps reported by one very eagle-eyed customer. (vscimone)
- 0011341: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] OFF text on GEN Panel incorrect (vscimone)
- 0011354: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Overhead Panel separation lines missing (vscimone)
- 0011368: [External Model – Geometry] plug door pressure relief flaps appear doubled in some instances. (jbrown)
- 0011307: [Virtual Cockpit – View Presets] View Preset zooms need adjusting (jbrown)
- 0011249: [External Model – Geometry] N1 Disk transparent, when Rain/Snow WX (jbrown)
- 0011292: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Missing textures along base of windshield frame covers (vscimone)
- 0011276: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Triangle punch out in area over master caution creates a light gap in panel (vscimone)
- 0011251: [General – Ground Operations] Fuel truck connecting function and transparent fuel panel when fueling door is open. (hvanrensburg)
- 0011227: [AFDS – General] AP constantly micro trimming (emvaos)
- 0011232: [External Model – Geometry] PIP options incorrectly connected to selection of LED lights option. (jbrown)
- 0010547: [Sounds – External] External engine start bleed hiss sound loops incorrectly and causes other start sound layers to fail. (acholakian)
- 0011350: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] VC Yoke clipping and backfacing geometry needs attention (vscimone)
- 0011283: [General – Suggested/Missing Features] Displays should be able to function as pop-up 2D displays (vscimone)
- 0011225: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Trim wheel animation fails under certain circumstances (not related to rotation speed) (vscimone)
- 0011312: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] Alternate gear extention cords can be pulled throught the closed Alternate Gear door (abashkatov)
- 0011194: [Main Panel – PFD] “Single CH” indication has green frame instead of yellow (abashkatov)
- 0011302: [Main Panel – Aural/Visual Warning Systems] A/P disconnect light not operational when disconnection A/P (abashkatov)
- 0011352: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] LED Landing Lights not turning ON with clickspot (vscimone)
- 0011325: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] Flickering on various Instruments (vscimone)
- 0011340: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Missing Arrows Ovd and CB Light selector (vscimone)
- 0011339: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] ALT CUTOUT missing part of a letter (vscimone)
- 0011361: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Pedestal ADF panel no backlighting. (hvanrensburg)
- 0011338: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] CVR Light Plate missing text (vscimone)
- 0011358: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Screw alignment rudder floor panels (vscimone)
- 0011367: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] Wrong animation on Captain FMC Key (vscimone)
- 0011369: [FMS – Route/Legs Pages] RTE page should show in the scratchpad the airport entered in REF page (emvaos)
- 0011326: [General – Unsure] Loading Approach State on BDSF load the planes with blank screens and yoke hard over (rsrandazzo)
- 0011366: [Systems – Electrical] Provisiom for APU auto shutdown if loading a panel state with APU online after loading C && D (emvaos)
- 0011273: [Docs – Other General Observations] Typo in readme included with the Release candidate (rsrandazzo)
- 0011279: [General – Documentation] Incorrect work folder paths in Intro (hvanrensburg)
- 0011286: [General – Ground Operations] Air Start Unit is able to be called when Stairs 1L is connected (hvanrensburg)
- 0011304: [General – Documentation] Introduction document Amendment – TO/GA (hvanrensburg)
- 0011308: [General – Documentation] Introduction Document references to P3D license (hvanrensburg)
- 0011319: [General – Unsure] ILS DME readout not correct (emvaos)
- 0011353: [Docs – Need to Tell Customers This] Introduction refers to cabin light page in FMC. (hvanrensburg)
- 0011357: [FREEZES – All Types] Sim freeze when using EBBR CIV5C (emvaos)
- 0011315: [External Model – Geometry] Texture Mapping Issues MSFS 737-700 (jbrown)
- 0011356: [External Model – Geometry] APU exhaust textures needs touch up (jbrown)
- 0011363: [External Model – Geometry] Wing gap during flexing (jbrown)
- 0011364: [External Model – Geometry] FWD Cargo hold gap (jbrown)
- 0011343: [Systems – Flight Controls] Reduced AoA for stick shaker onset (emvaos)
- 0011248: [FMS/AFDS – LNAV] Provision for successive DTO’s and adding airways to start of STAR after STAR is defined(!!) (emvaos)
- 0011196: [Main Panel – Aural/Visual Warning Systems] Below G/S warning should be inhibited below 200ft RA (abashkatov)
- 0011051: [General – Unsure] Pane state save – When master lights switch is saved in DIM, lights still load BRT (abashkatov)
- 0011337: [General – Documentation] Erroneous reference to 2D popup in tutorial (hvanrensburg)
- 0011313: [External Model – Geometry] Need thumbnail for MSFS “content manager” screen (cbpowell)
- 0011301: [External Model – Geometry] BBJ SSW – Missing tailpipe component R ENG (jbrown)
- 0011291: [External Model – Geometry] Texture gaps engines (jbrown)
- 0011266: [External Model – Liveries] negative pressure relief valve cut (jbrown)
- 0011267: [External Model – Liveries] Strange texture on the left MLG door. (jbrown)
- 0011076: [External Model – Liveries] Engine Texture Mapping Anomaly (jbrown)
- 0011274: [AFDS – Roll Modes] Disable mouse wheel scrolling for HDG SEL Bank Angle limiter (hvanrensburg)
- 0011277: [General – Documentation] Sound settings – Default volume levels and Active Spatial Sound should be set to NO in the documentation (hvanrensburg)
- 0011270: [FMS – Setup/Options Pages] DISPLAY Options page 9/9 FUEL/CTRLS empty (abashkatov)
- 0011263: [FMS – Setup/Options Pages] Change display order to options back to original (hvanrensburg)
- 0011252: [General – Ground Operations] Air Start Unit colliding with Airstairs (hvanrensburg)
- 0010749: [Sounds – Internal/Cockpit] Trim sound keeps getting triggered inflight (emvaos)
- 0010840: [General – Engines] FS Engine takes way too long to start at high altitude (emvaos)
- 0011216: [External Model – Liveries] Delta Livery Blue is too light (psterling)
- 0011228: [External Model – Liveries] Fuse3 Mapping Anomaly (jbrown)
- 0011180: [Sounds – External] Hydraulic Pump sound missing (acholakian)
- 0011328: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] Clickspots on FMC do not align correctly after change to PMDG mouse logic (hvanrensburg)
- 0010678: [General – Engines] MSFS side – Engines take too long to stabilise to idle after engine start (emvaos)
737-600 variant gets its first image previews
As promised, PMDG also shared today the first preview images of the second 737 in line for a release in MSFS. The -600 variant looks just as good as you’d expect, with sportier looks due to its shorter fuselage, which should be well represented in the flight envelope as well.
PMDG is exploring the idea of faster deployment in the Marketplace, possibly even at the same time as the initial launch, but that’s currently under investigation. We should also expect to see an update on pricing, which should be a bit lower than initially estimated ($50). That would be very welcome indeed!
Besides these first images of the 737-600, PMDG also revealed some exciting changes that will soon be coming to the Lateral/Vertical Path and Autoflight Director modules. It seems there have been some major development breakthroughs on those fronts, which should bring much more accurate flight paths and improved control logic. A free update should be out soon for the 737 product line with all of these improvements!
These and more details can be read in the PMDG’s forum, where Robert Randazzo provides additional information about what’s currently being worked on behind the scenes.
The PMDG 737-600 will be out later this month for Microsoft Flight Simulator.