BlackBox Simulation has released this weekend a nice little surprise for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The Scottish Aviation Bulldog, a British two-seat trainer aircraft, is now available for MSFS, from the same developers who brought us the BN-2 Islander and the Cessna L-19 ‘Bird Dog’.
BlackBox Simulation created a brand new model of the Bulldog for MSFS, based on their experience with the aircraft in older platforms. This new model comes with both the T1 and SK61 variants, most used in the UK and Sweden, respectively. Each variant has a different panel layout, optional Garmin Aera GPS and 10 real-world liveries.
The developers say that the their Bulldog was created with accuracy in mind, counting with the help of real Bulldog pilots to test the fully aerobatic flight model. There’s a full electrical system, volumetric lights, a custom sound set across the entire audio simulation, and much more! The Islander and the Bird Dog ended up being quite good airplanes, especially after some needed updates following the release, so we’re hoping to see the Bulldog rank well with prospective buyers.
The Bulldog was an RAF trainer, but its aerobatic capabilities also provide some good fun for more adventurous pilots. Designed by Beagle Aircraft, it first flew from Shoreham Airport in 1969. Beagle Aircraft went quickly out of business, so production was carried on by Scottish Aviation, with the first orders going to Sweden in the SK61 variant. The Royal Airforce would later become the biggest customer for the Bulldog, and many RAF pilots maintain fond memories of their first steps as a pilot onboard a Bulldog. Time to relive those memories in MSFS!
The Scottish Aviation Bulldog is now available directly from BlackBox Simulation’s for €24.99.
- Bulldog TMk1 and Bulldog SK61 versions with various panel layout and colours
- Very Accurate, Fully aerobatic flight model tested by Active Bulldog owners
- Totally new 100% Build for MSFS 2020
- Hi Quality, super detailled exterior and interior models with all 3d Modelled Gauges
- optional Garmin Aera “Touchscreen” GPS
- Full lighting system including separate 2 colour map light and seperate instrument dial and post lighting
- External lights also include Volumetric Landing / Taxi lights, Seperate 2 colour strobes and Rotating Beacons
- Full and accurate electrical system
- Dynamic reflection with PBR Textures with all surfaces accurately normal mapped
- Custom sound set + switches knobs and some special sounds !
- 10 Real world Civil and Military paint schemes, Including Development model and Swedish SK61 and Youtube’s “ALBA SKYS” G-ASAL
- Visible and configurable Crew, Baggage and Fuel. Accurate Weight and balance.
- Real World operating manual and checklists available