iniScene has announced a new Kiwi airport for MSFS, NZQN Queenstown Airport. New Zealand is a lucky country, with some of the most incredible landscapes in the whole world, which makes for some remarkably scenic flights. This, in turn, leads to a good variety of high-quality third-party airports whose developers look to leverage with the country’s flying potential. There’s a growing number of very good NZ airports already available on the sim, and now IniScene is hoping to join the ranks with a new offering.
Queenstown Airport is now the 4th busiest in New Zealand, serving more than 2 million passengers before the pandemic hit. It serves the resort town of Queenstown, in itself a rather small city, but extremely popular for its leisure offerings in the adventure and ski tourism areas.
IniScene, part of the iniBuilds team (who made a very good depiction of the Airbus A300 for X-Plane, but have yet to announce any aircraft for MSFS), will soon launch this airport who they say has been developed from the ground-up for MSFS with an accurate recreation of the airport’s features, such as the ground markings, buildings, vegetation and overall clutter around the airport.
Queenstown provides some exciting challenges for keen pilots looking to test their skills. The nearby mountain ranges and varying weather conditions demand full attention when coming for an approach and landing.
To enhance the experience even further, iniScene made sure to create a product that is compatible with Orbx’s NZ Mesh, which greatly improved the elevation data in New Zealand, resulting in more accurate mountain peaks and overall terrain resolution.
NZQN Queenstown Airport should be out soon for MSFS, although no release date has been provided. Stay tuned to know once it finally becomes available. In the meantime, check the full feature list below or on the official website.
- Hand-made ground polygons with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- Over 700 hand-placed custom car models
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible and enable compatibility with Xbox
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Real-world 1m mesh data imported to MSFS
- Compatibility with Orbx New Zealand Mesh for MSFS
- Hand-placed, high-definition vegetation, signage, ground clutter, vehicles, handling objects and more which have been custom-modelled in house by the iniScene team
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Over 50 individual custom made airport and surrounding buildings to a high level of detail
- Main airport terminal interior with lighting and custom objects
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- 30cm/px satellite imagery which has been hand corrected and colour blended to MSFS’ Bing satellite data