Aerosoft has released a new UK airfield for Flight Simulator. Perranporth Airfield (EGTP), located in the picturesque Cornwall at the southwestern tip of England, is the only tarmac-surfaced GA airfield in the county and dates back to the World War II era.
Home to the Perranporth Flying Club, this airfield has two tarmac runways and two grass strips, giving you plenty of choices to approach this scenic location. Perranporth sits right beside some steep cliffs, offering both a stunning and challenging approach.
The most interesting historical fact about Perranporth Airfield is definitely its usage during World War II, where it was home to 21 different squadrons of Spitfires. If you own the excellent FlyingIron Spitfire, this will be the perfect base to experience some of the thrills experienced by Spitfire pilots of the old era.
The developers of this scenery, Stairport Sceneries (who have already launched a series of very interesting airports), have recreated Perranporth with impressive levels of detail, blending the airfield with the updated UK scenery that was introduced with World Update III. Besides that accurate layout of the airport’s features and buildings, the developers included both static and animated elements, which change based on the time of day and season. A very nice addition to make any location more true to life!
Perranporth Airfield (EGTP) is now available from Aerosoft’s store for just around 10€.
- Faithful replica of the last state of construction of EGTP Perranporth Airfield
- Impressive and challenging approach over the Cornwall cliffs
- Fully custom modelling and texturing using 4K PBR throughout the entire airfield
- Various 3D objects and 3D people bring the airport to life
- Custom HD ground layout with special reflection effects
- Custom static aircrafts reflecting the real traffic at the airfield
- Individual animations like runway direction indicator, windsock and hangar door
- Perfectly embedded in the MSFS environment
- Excessive performance optimization based on specifications by Microsoft
- Compatible with MSFS World Update III: UK and Ireland
Learn more about airport news and releases for Flight Simulator in our dedicated section!