FSDG’s latest release for Flight Simulator, dedicated to the Greek island of Rhodes, is quite an interesting one. Similarly to the studio’s recent release of Mauritius Island, ‘Rhodes’ is a comprehensive overhaul of the entire island, not just a recreation of its most important airport.
Rhodes is a very popular tourist destination, and it’s a name that you’ve certainly heard before. After all, the island was made famous by the Colossus of Rhodes, the massive statue that was one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world. Today the Colossus is gone, but Rhodes remains a beloved location that is visited by millions of people every year.
FSDG is now releasing a serious rework of the island, featuring a number of improvements that substantially upgrade the experience of flying here. Rhodes has two airports, and both have been worked on by FSDG. Diagoras International Airport got the most attention, seeing that it’s the island’s main travel hub, serving many airlines and destinations from all across Europe.
There’s a second smaller airport, Maritsa, which is a military airbase, that was also recreated in authentic detail by FSDG. And then, besides the two airports, there’s also a completely new set of textures covering the whole island, which are accompanied by many additional landmarks such as hotels, historic sites, solar parks, and more.
As you can see, it seems there’s everything here to spend some time doing virtual tourism. Depart from your home location somewhere in Europe (or the world), arrive at the beautifully detailed Diagoras Airport, and then take your GA airplane for a sightseeing tour around the island. A great plan for the weekend!
FSDG Rhodes for MSFS is now available, and will set you back around 25€.
- Complete coverage of the whole island
- Additional landmarks like hotels, historic sites, solar parks, olive plantations, greenhouses, and lots more
- Extremely realistic rendition of Diagoras International Airport, Rhodes/Greece (LGRP)
- Authentic rendition of Maritsa Airport (LGRD)
- New apron layout with pushback gates
- Optional content controllable through the Scenery Configurator
- Optional static aircraft for more realism
- Optimized for great performance and visual results
- Compatible with all known add-ons
- Manual included
Learn more about airport news and releases for Flight Simulator in our dedicated section!