As expected after the announcement earlier this week, Orbx have released today their newest entry into the ‘Landmarks City Packs‘ series. This time, it’s the German city of Frankfurt to get the attention of Orbx’s talented scenery developers, with the introduction of many new custom buildings and landmarks in this bustling city.
Frankfurt is one of the largest cities in Germany, and is an important international hub for commerce, culture and tourism. Its International Airport is the busiest in the country and one of the busiest in the world, serving as the main hub of Lufthansa. Interestingly, Frankfurt Airport is the one with the most direct routes in the world, which says a lot about this city’s importance and global reach.
As you can see, there are plenty of opportunities to visit Frankfurt if you’re a global air hauler. Thankfully Orbx has you covered, and that approach to Frankfurt Airport will be much more interesting with their new Landmarks City Pack. In fact, Frankfurt’s Downtown is just north of the final approach to the airport, which should make for a very scenic view with the impressive skyline that is filled with skyscrapers.
Orbx includes over 100 custom buildings and landmarks, 11 of which in especially high detail. These include the Europaturm, Hauptbahnhof, Messeturm, Paulskirche, and Kaiserdom.
Throughout the city you will find many smaller enhancements that nonetheless help bring this place to life. Things such as improved vegetation and static elements such as boats, trains, cranes, chimneys, and more. There is also much-improved night lighting, which will certainly make those night flights even more dramatic.
As usual, Orbx is releasing this new add-on through their Orbx Direct platform, with a Marketplace release to follow soon, and it’s now available for just under 10€.
- 11 high-detail custom landmarks including Europaturm, Hauptbahnhof (railway station), Messeturm, Paulskirche, and Kaiserdom
- 100 custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static trains and boats, cranes, chimneys, and more
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how the custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Includes a custom model of the Commerzbank Arena (Waldstadion) stadium
- Custom orthoimagery covering both sides of the Main, from Schwanheim in the West to the Offenbach photogrammetry area
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography