Orbx is bringing their popular ‘Landmarks‘ series to another European city, this time in Germany. Frankfurt, a major economic hub in Europe, will get the Orbx treatment with a comprehensive overhaul that will surely improve the experience of flying around this location. After London and Paris, Frankfurt will be the third European city to feature this impressive custom work from Orbx.
Frankfurt is know for its impressive skyline, with a number of skyscrapers that earned it the nickname “Mainhattan” among locals. Orbx is adding over 100 of these landmarks, many of them on the downtown, which sits just northeast of the massive Frankfurt International Airport.
In fact, seeing the city center when approaching the airport should be quite a sight. Besides the dozens of custom landmarks, which include the Europaturm, Railway Station, Commerzbank Tower or the Messeturm, you will also find many enhancements to the overall city and surrounding areas, such as static trains and boats, vegetation, cranes, and more.
Naturally, in a cityscape full of life such as this, Orbx is also including custom night lightning, which should definitely make for some great evening flights.
As usual with Orbx, we should see the release of this new entry into the Landmarks City Packs series in the next few days. Stay tuned!
- 11 high-detail custom landmarks including Europaturm, Hauptbahnhof (railway station), Messeturm, Paulskirche, and Kaiserdom
- 100 custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static trains and boats, cranes, chimneys, and more
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how the custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Includes a custom model of the Commerzbank Arena (Waldstadion) stadium
- Custom orthoimagery covering both sides of the Main, from Schwanheim in the West to the Offenbach photogrammetry area
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography