Aerosoft releases Alta Airport, a remote airport in northern Norway
Aerosoft has released a new airport for Flight Simulator, this time well inside the arctic circle, in northern Norway. Alta Airport (ENAT), developed by Stairport Sceneries, is a remote but very scenic location, perfectly located to explore the snowy fjords of Norway’s northernmost territory.
Alta Airport has a history that stretches back to World War II. It was built by the Germans during their occupation of Norway, and began receiving civilian traffic during the ’50s, originally by SAS (Scandinavian Airlines). Nowadays, SAS continues to operate in the airport, serving domestic routes to Oslo and Tromsø. Other companies operate here as well, and there are even some international flights, such as the seasonal charter to Chania, operated by Aegean Airlines.
This add-on airport for MSFS should provide a more accurate and realistic depiction of Alta Airport, with some of the features you would expect. Detailed textures and buildings, custom lighting, animations and night effects, are some of the things you will find here.
A highlight are the season variations, specially during winter, when snow accumulation creates some very impressive set pieces. After all, Alta is located right between the northern seas and the fjords, and together with the polar night, you can expect some unique conditions during winter.
Alta Airport (ENAT) is now available through Aerosoft’s online store for around 19.00€.
- Realistic recreation of Alta Airport (ENAT, ALF)
- All airport buildings included in high detail
- Models and textures based on photos taken at the airport
- Created using optimal modelling and texturing techniques for optimal performance and visuals
- PBR materials for objects and ground
- Custom flag animations
- Realistic HDR night time lighting
- Custom approach and runway lights including lead in lights for RWY29
- Terminal interior included
- Custom static aircraft placed randomly
- Large coverage of custom photo scenery