The Aermacchi MB-339 has seen its share of success since the release last year. It’s a good looking, very functional and fast airplane that was well received by the community. Indiafoxtecho thinks there’s room for improvement, so they have now released the biggest update yet.
Version 1.20 brings an extensive rework on MB-339’s sounds and visuals. In the graphical department, all the external textures have been remastered with increased levels of detail. When it comes to sounds, they have all been replaced with better audio samples, which should be particularly noticeable from the external views. There’s an interesting new addition here, with the inclusion of pilot strain sounds when pulling high g-forces.
But this is nos just an aesthetic update. There’s a lot of functional changes in the airplane’s systems, covering most of the request from existing costumers. Here’s the full changelog:
- remastered all external textures with higher detail
- changed HSI DME last digit animation (now continuous)
- fixed landing gear extraction and damaging speeds
- fixed bug that caused deletion of panel cover if gunsight is removed from A model
- decreased FD vertical bar sensitivity
- changed rule of GS engagement from GS ARM
- improved engine dynamics
- redone Wwise engine sounds, based on real world samples
- fixed minor bug in Tacan/Frequency conversion
- fixed minor bug in RDU display not showing the correct frequencies for COM1 in some case
- added indication of X/Y Tacan channel
- improved cockpit self shadowing
- rear view mirror are now foldable
- added gear warning sound and silencer
- added streamers and covers if the aircraft is parked
- added underwing pylons to A model (add any weight to the relevant load station)
- added external fuel tanks to A model (add at least 51lbs to releval station – cosmetic only)
- fixed VR cockpit collisions
- fixed external light bug introduced by Sim Update 3
- fixed external views HUD
- added g-stain sound
- fixed minor inaccuracies in warning test switch behavior
- fixed minor bug preventing fine adjustment of OBS in some cases
- GPS number keys can now be used to select waypoints (1 to 10)
You should be able to get this new update from all vendors at this point, with the Marketplace version coming in about a week.
In the meantime, Indiafoxtecho has a new military jet for MSFS that you may want to check out – the T-45C Goshawk.