Update – November 17th
Indiafoxtecho is releasing a big update that completely replaces the launch version. If you previously bought the MB-339 it’s recommended that you delete that version before installing this new one.
Here’s the changelog for v1.10:
- complete remake of the flight model in order to fix Modern flight model instability and Legacy model compatibility
- adjustments to flap, gears and speed brake cycle times
- improvements to HGU-33 helmet geometry
- added animation to rear pilot figure
- fixed DME not working for Tacan (NAV 2)
- fixed bug preventing correct DME behavior in some cases
- fixed ADI glideslope indicator not working correctly in some cases
- fixed incorrect behavior of ADI indexer
- fixed miscellaneous geometry issues and glitches
- fixed miscellaneous geometry smoothing issues
- improved altimeter animations
- fixed bug preventing GSARM to work with VOR/ILS
- cleaned up canopy textures
- WWise sound configuration courtesy of Christophe de Bortoli (Erkin)
Original post below
One of the most highly antecipated new aircraft for MSFS has finally been released! After teasing his Aermacchi MB-339 for weeks, Dino Cattaneo from Indiafoxtecho has made it available today for your enjoyment. It’s his second release in a very short period of time, after launching the Long-EZ just a few days ago.
The Aermacchi MB-339 was developed during the 70’s for Italian Air Force, and it’s now coming to MSFS in two different versions: a Lite and a Pro. The Lite version, now released, is intended to be a relatively simple aircraft, with a highly detailed visual model based on the Frecce Tricolori variant, a very detailed cockpit and a flight model based on MSFS’s new technologies. The developers believe this version has “a good level of realism”, with some restrictions regarding the most extreme maneuvers and systems’s simulation being limited by MSFS default systems.
The Pro version, on the other hand, will be made up to “study level” standards, with complete system simulation and a very advanced flight model. It will be available at a later date.
The MB-339 is now available at SimMarket for 24.60€, and should also be available in MSFS Marketplace and other retailers soon.
Also check the video below for an overview of the aircraft start-up procedure and takeoff.