After an early announcement just a month ago, Orbx is releasing this weekend their new product under the ‘Landmarks’ series: Landmarks Paris is now out for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
Paris needs no introduction, being one of the worlds most famous cities and a hugely popular destination for many different reasons. After all, Paris is home to world-famous landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Arc te Triomphe, Notre Dame, and many, many more. It’s also filled with light, beauty and elegance, from the little details of everyday life to the gorgeous architecture and artsy urban landscape.
For this city pack, Orbx is counting on the expertise of renowned developer Tony Wroblewski, leader of the TrueEarth team, which have packed together a sizeable collection of 200 POI’s, 15 of them being in particular high detail. Perfect if you’re looking to appreciate those iconic landmarks from up close!
Orbx is promising a well optimized package that perfectly balances image quality with performance. If previous releases are any indication (Sydney Cityscape, for instance, is a good example), then we can definitely expect a well optimized experience in a gorgeous urban scenery.
Landmarks Paris City Pack is now available on Orbx Direct for just US$11.57 | €9,50 | £8.46.
- 15 high-detail custom landmarks including Notre Dame, Panthéon, The Centre Pompidou, École Militaire, and Église Saint-Sulpice
- 200 medium-detail custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- External night lighting for all default landmark objects, including Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Sacre Coeur, and Grand Palais
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Flattening of the Seine River and correcting riverbank heights
- Custom orthoimagery patches across the city to cover the blurred-out military areas in the default simulator