Orbx has announced today a new product in its ‘Landmarks’ series for MSFS: Paris, the capital of France and of the most beautiful cities in the world, is getting overhauled for Flight Simulator with many new custom buildings and landmarks.
Paris is not only of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, but has also been a major cultural, financial and commercial centre in Europe’s long history, packed with countless monuments, museums, churches, bridges and many more iconic buildings known throughout the world.
This new scenery pack from Orbx, made by the TrueEarth team and led by Tony Wroblewski, will had 200 points of interest to the City of Light, 15 of which are crated in high detail. These specially crafted assets are so detailed that they can be appreciated from up close, all while keeping good performance levels across the scenery.
‘Landmarks Paris’ is scheduled for a release in early January, and follows other Landmarks releases such as London and Singapore. Orbx is promising more products from this family in the coming weeks, so let’s see what they have in store for us. For now, read about the main features below and enjoy the first image previews:
- 15 high-detail custom landmarks including Notre Dame, Panthéon, The Centre Pompidou, École Militaire, and Église Saint-Sulpice
- 200 medium-detail custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- External night lighting for all default landmark objects, including Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Sacre Coeur, and Grand Palaise
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Flattening of the Seine River and correcting riverbank heights
- Custom orthoimagery patches across the city to cover the blurred-out military areas in the default simulator