It didn’t take long. As we told you about a week ago, the Jabiru was just about to be released. Iris Simulations announced today that the Jabiru J160/J170 for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now out for a soft launch this weekend.
The Jabiru is an Australian trainer aircraft, developed in two variantes: the J160, an ultralight, and the J170, an upgrade to the role of light-sport aircraft, with better climb performance at higher altitudes and hotter climates. The J170 is also made to comply with both the US light-sport rules and United Kingdom BCAR Section “S” requirements.
IRIS depiction of the Jabiru was already available for FSX and P3D, and is now coming to MSFS, taking advantage of the new technologies available with the new sim. It includes PBR textures in both the interior and the exterior, a working Garmin Aera tablet and flight modelling which meets the Jabiru specifications and flight data sheet.
The J160-D model is available with a hot pink trim both inside and out, and comes with removable spats (nose and/or main), and a choice of wooden, composite or 3-bladed prop, a custom digital ADI and touchscreen moving map panel.
Both variants of the Jabiru have 8 liveries at launch, and IRIS is also including 4 bush trips to choose within Flight Simulator, which are:
- Gippsland Lakes Tour (Lilydale to Gabo Island via the Gippsland Lakes, home of IRIS Simulations.)
- Tropical North Delivery (Bundaberg to Hamilton Island via the Sunshine Coast, home of Jabiru Aircraft.)
- Red Center (Alice Springs to Ayres Rock Airport via Kings Canyon & Ularu)
- Flinders Ranges Tour (Port Augusta to William Creek via Flinders Ranges & Lake Eyre).
Unfortunately only one of them is available at launch (Gippsland Lakes Tour). The other will come at a later stage as part of a product update.
- Product installers included for Microsoft Flight Simulator [MSFS] (Steam and Microsoft Store Distribution)
- Two airframes for the price of one! The Jabiru J160 & J170!
- Four custom instrument panels over a variety of aircraft layouts.
- A superb soundset recorded directly from the Jabiru engine using Wwise techniques.
- A BONUS Bush Trip! Explore the Gippsland Lakes area of Eastern Victoria and visit locations close to the heart of the IRIS Simulations team!
- High resolution paintkit available separately (Download Link)
- An in-simulator aircraft manager allows the user to toggle on or off various visual parts.
- A superb flight model for the light handling and excellent characteristics of the Jabiru J160 & J170 aircraft tested and flown by Jabiru pilots and instructors.
- A total of sixteen high resolution paint schemes over two aircraft.
Learn more about all aircraft news and releases for Flight Simulator in our dedicated section!