It’s been quite an active weekend for new airport releases in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Australian simmers are not left out and can now appreciate an impressive custom rendition of YGLA Gladstone Airport, courtesy of Orbx and indie developer Rob Byrne.
Located on the central Queensland coast, this mid-size regional airport is a mere 100 km southeast of Byrne’s earlier creation, Rockhampton Airport, and offers a picturesque one-hour flight north of Brisbane.
Gladstone Airport serves as an excellent starting point for regional routes, allowing simmers to hop between various small and mid-sized airports.
For those interested in more than just flying, the area around Gladstone Airport is a haven of industrial activity, with dynamic elements like trains and power stations. This adds an extra layer of realism and interest, particularly for simmers who appreciate detailed, living environments in their flight simulation experience.
- Detailed rendition of Gladstone Airport with ultra-high-resolution textures
- Extensive terraforming including state-of-the-art double-level parking area; inclined taxiways and sloping terminal area.
- Highly realistic aprons and taxiways, custom runway and taxiway light models, and taxiway signs
- Animated trains, rail infrastructure, and nearby Gladstone Power Station are modeled.
- Detailed terminal interiors
- Crisp 15cm aerial imagery