Mario Noriega is back with an interesting new aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This time, the developer brings us his rendition of the FN.333 Riviera, a luxurious Italian amphibious aircraft with a “pusher” engine. Noriega is already known in the MSFS community for his work on the C-22J.
The FN.333 Riviera is a true classic, born in the 1950s as a single-engine amphibious light aircraft originally produced by Italian aviation manufacturer SIAI-Marchetti. With its maiden flight dating back to December 4, 1952, the Riviera has a storied history and remains a favorite among adventurous pilots.
Its unique design features a stout hull-fuselage, high wing, twin-boom tail assembly, and retractable tricycle landing gear. Powered by a 6-cylinder Continental IO-470-P piston engine, the aircraft boasts a range of 560 miles and a top speed of 180 miles per hour.
Noriega’s rendition of the FN.333 Riviera comes packed with features that aim to provide an immersive flying experience. Some of the key features include:
- Amphibian Capabilities: The aircraft comes with water spray visual and sound effects to enhance the realism of water-based operations.
- Retractable Wing Floats: The Aircraft Flight Model allows for the extension of wing floats while already floating on water.
- Functioning Anchor System: Simplifying docking operations, this feature is a boon for pilots who love to explore various water bodies.
- Reversible Propeller: Useful for water docking and reverse parking, this feature also serves as a last resort during landing scenarios.
- Navigation Systems: Pilots have the option to use either the conventional NAVCOMM 1 or the GNS-430 GPS for navigation.
- In-Sim Checklist and Full Documentation: For those who love to get into the nitty-gritty of flying, a comprehensive flight manual and in-sim checklist are included.
The FN.333 Riviera by Mario Noriega is available for £9.99 GBP on the iniBuilds Store. Given Noriega’s reputation for quality and the unique appeal of the FN.333 Riviera, this aircraft promises to bring a new dimension of adventure and exploration to your virtual skies in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Amphibious airplanes are a rare breed in the simulator so it’s always great news when we see a new one coming out!