Continuing today’s tour across some of the latest US airports that have been released for MSFS (check the previously featured Boise and Punta Gorda airports), we are now visiting the largest and most important aviation hub in Alaska, Anchorage Ted Stevens International (PANC), which is now available as a custom scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Anchorage Airport is brought to us by sim-wings, who provides MSFS simmers with the opportunity to visit the wildest state in America and from there embark on numerous off-airport adventures.
Alaska is the perfect playground for intrepid virtual aviators, with plenty of impressive landscapes and few large airports to land safely at. PANC is an exception, serving around 5 million passengers per year and with important national and international connections to other major airports.
Anchorage Airport is also a major global cargo hub, one of the world’s top-5 busiest airports by cargo traffic, due to its location between Asia and the US. It’s a major hub for FedEx, UPS, and Alaska Airlines.
Alaska is often a challenging region, with severe weather and long nights in the winter, which makes for some interesting conditions for keen pilots. Now that MSFS simmers have excellent new airliners like the PMDG 737 and the Fenix A320, the popularity of large bespoke airports in MSFS is increasing, and Anchorage is a perfect choice to add to your flight plans.
Sim-wings is known for putting together some nicely detailed airports and PANC seems to be no exception. With high-quality 3D models and detailed textures, custom jetways, plenty of ground clutter around the airport, internal modeling, accurate taxiway signage, and much more, simmers should be pleased with this recreation of Anchorage Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Furthermore, sim-wings even added a custom scenery for the nearby Lake Hood floatplane base.
Anchorage Airport from sim-wings is now available through Aerosoft’s online store, priced at $28.28.
- Includes a highly accurate recreation of Anchorage Airport (ANC, PANC)
- Highly detailed models with high resolution textures
- Custom jetways with correct number variations for each terminal pier
- A lot of ground clutter and service equipment at aircraft stands and parkings
- Up to date runway, taxiway, apron and stands layout
- Custom and accurate taxiway signage
- Custom aerial image covering the airport boundary and surrounding area including Lake Hood
- Accurate terrain elevation and runway profiles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- Terminal interior for national and international terminal
- Includes scenery of Lake Hood float plane base
MSFS Addons is reader-supported. When you buy through links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you!