Indiafoxtecho has finally released its highly anticipated simulation of the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II for Microsoft Flight Simulator. After more than a year in development, the highly sophisticated stealth fighter has landed in MSFS in three variants: the F-35A, with conventional takeoff and landing capabilities, the F-35B, capable of vertical landings, and the carrier-based F-35C.
Indiafoxtecho hopes to deliver a realistic and visually detailed model of the F-35, which includes the individual differences between each variant. The F-35 is still a highly-secret aircraft, so the developers did their best to recreate the external model and the cockpit with whatever information is available at this time. What you’re getting is mostly a good-looking model that should be great to fly, but with many missing systems such as Radar, TFLIR, and others. However, knowing Indiafoxtecho’s previous history with the T-45C or the MB-339, the F-35 should still be a very fun and compelling product.
This package also includes liveries for all current operators of the aircraft, along with realistic sounds based on real recordings. Indiafoxtecho says that every variant has realistic flight dynamics, with the respective uniqueness of the STOVL and Carrier variants.
The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II for MSFS is now available from Simmarket, priced at around $30. Other third-party resellers will start selling the product very soon, but there’s no estimate at this moment for a release in the Marketplace.
- Detailed representation of the three variants of the aircraft, showcasing individual differences and commonalities.
- Detailed external visual model and cockpit, based on extensive research
- Realistic pilot interface through the Primary Control Display (PCD) based on real world simulators
- Liveries for all the air forces and services that are currently flying the F-35
- Realistic flight dynamics based on publicly available data
- STOVL capabilities for the F-35B
- Carrier capabilities for the F-35C (special code to perform assisted takeoff and landing from any static surface)
- Sound package based on real world recordings