FSDT releases Charlotte Douglas International Airport for MSFS
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (KCLT), one of the busiest airports in the United States, is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Created by fsdreamteam (FSDT), this is a detailed and up-to-date rendition of this important airport for MSFS.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major hub for American Airlines, who typically handles more than half of all the passengers that pass through KCLT’s gates. In 2019, before the pandemic, there were more than 50 million passengers, an all-time record for the airport.
The airport has four runways and one passenger terminal with 115 gates and plans for a further expansion are in place, with the construction of a new runway.
FSDT says they have recreated this airport with accuracy in mind, including the new CLT Terminal and Control Tower, every parking position and taxiway names. The terminal interior has also been impressively modeled, although it looks a bit lifeless in the official images. It would have been great to see some human models waiting around or even moving around the terminal. In any case, this looks like an impressive recreation of KCLT, and should please all those looking for a big American airport in MSFS
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is now available for $15.99 plus applicable tax. Owners of the existing P3D version are eligible to an upgrade price when buying this new updated version for MSFS.
- High resolution building textures, 100% PBR.
- The new CLT Terminal.
- The new CLT Control Tower.
- Custom taxi side and center lights, with Dynamic Lighting.
- Use of the latest SDK additions from MSFS Sim Update 7.
- Custom navaids objects with up to 9 LOD levels to improve performance.
- Full Dynamic Lighting.
- Custom Jetways.
- Accurate airport layout with all parking positions and taxiway names.
- Extensive usage LOD techniques everyhwere, in order to offer the best possible performances.