REX Simulations seems to be ready to release a new product for Flight Simulator, after the launch of Weather Force in September. Today, publisher Just Flight posted a detailed product page about REX Real Global Airport Textures, a texture enhancement package that aims to replace ground textures in all the default airports in MSFS.
If this sounds familiar, it’s because it looks like a very similar product to Zinertek’s Enhanced Airport Graphics, which does exactly the same thing: overhaul all the default airports with new and improved textures.
REX Real Global Airport Textures will add 28 different types of surfaces, with photo-based textures that either look clean or used, with and without cracks, dirt, rubber markings, and more.
As with Zinertek’s product, every airport that makes use of the default surface textures (including nearly all freeware airports and even some payware ones) will take advantage of this pack. Included will be over 1Gb of these new textures, which have full PBR support, and REX promises this is an FPS-friendly upgrade.
At the time of this writing, REX hadn’t even officially announced this, so we have no clear indication about a possible release date. However, Just Flight already shows a price: $17.95.
- Full PBR support
- Over 1GB of extremely detailed textures replacing the entire default texture library
- Different varieties of asphalt (taxiways, roads, rough asphalt, striped asphalt with and without damage)
- Realistic soiled aprons, all types of worn and clean runways/taxiways and taxiway markings
- 28 different types of runway surfaces
- Detailed embellishments such as cracks, dirt, bump mapping, crack filler and grooves
- Different styles of photo-based tyre skid and runway rubber markings and build-up to choose from; light or heavy use
- Different styles of taxiway markings to choose from: clean or used
- Multiple types of cracked asphalt with realistic crack filler, crack decals and gravel surfaces
- A multitude of variances consisting of tarmac, macadam, bitumen, concrete slab surfaces, concrete with realistic grooving
- Multiple types of cement, with and without damage
- Surface bump mapping and bituminous surfaces
- Realistic airport ground markings and colour
- Sandstone, sand, rubble mud, concrete gravel, moss and sand, ground soil surfaces, rocky and rough soil surfaces and surrounding grass surfaces
- Community folder integration for a safe and easy installation
- Most importantly… FPS-friendly!