Orbx continues to expand its “Landmarks” product line, this time returning to Australia and its third largest city: Brisbane.
As usual in Orbx’s Landmarks Series, the city will be completely overhauled with countless custom buildings that bring the cityscape to life in a very realistic manner. Here you’ll find 125 points of interest, which include popular attractions such as Eagle Street Pier, Brisbane Skytower, Suncorp Stadium and the Gabba.
Orbx promises a good balance between graphical fidelity and performance, in a release that should happen before the end of this month. Right now, ‘Landmark City Pack – Brisbane’ will enter a brief beta-testing period, but you can enjoy some image previews on what to expect:
- 4 high-detail custom landmarks: Brisbane Skytower, The Gabba and Suncorp Stadiums, Riverside Expressway bridge system
- 125 medium-detail custom landmarks, providing a comprehensive Brisbane skyline while balancing quality and performance
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Enhancements to the Brisbane River between downtown and the estuary: marinas, moored boats, CityCat ferries, New Farm Riverwalk, etc.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Brisbane (Fisherman Island) and adjacent tank farms and industrial areas
- Custom orthoimagery with partially exposed tidal sandbars and wetlands east of YBBN and south of Fisherman Island
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography
- Perfectly matched with our upcoming YBBN Brisbane Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Our Australian friends will be happy to know that another major Australian city, Sydney, was already overhauled by Orbx√, which we greatly enjoyed when it was released a few months ago. Check it out!