Aerosoft has released a new airport from developer 29Palms. Mykonos Airport (LGMK), is located on the island of the same name, in Greece, and handles both domestic and international flights to other European countries, carrying tourists who look to visit this popular Mediterranean destination.
The airport was renovated very recently, with a new Terminal and fire station inaugurated just a couple of months ago.
29Palms is looking to recreate this scenery in order to provide an accurate and realistic experience. While the version that was just released doesn’t yet include the most recent renovations of the Terminal and fire station, the developers have already arranged a visit to the real-world airport to capture new images and update the airport as soon as possible, free of charge.
Mykonos is known for its strong winds. This fact, together with the relatively short runway (6.244ft) makes for some seriously challenging landings at times.
29Palms also went the extra mile to add a few nice bonus points around the airport. Windmills and a lighthouse can be found in a few spots on the island, and there are also three heliports to use if you’d rather explore the island in a rotorcraft such as the H135 or the Bell 47.
Mykonos Airport (LGMK) is now available for MSFS throughout Aerosoft’s store for around 15€.
- Detailed representation of the terraforming of the airport’s surrounding area
- Sloped runway
- High-detailed 3d objects and buildings
- High detailed ground polygons and textures
- Animated apron vehicles
- Custom animated windsocks
- Detailed representation of the airport’s parking area
- High detailed apron including the new airport’s layout lines and signs
- High detailed night lighting most of it being “physical” (dynamic lighting)
- Fully custom taxiway, runway, reil and tower beacon lights. All the lights have been designed from scratch with custom 3d objects. Moreover, the intensity and color of their glow has been trimmed so that the outcome is much less intense and much closer to the real airport
- Custom Hazard beacon lights at airport’s surrounding area (on top of the surrounding hills)
- Custom boats and ships at the island’s port
- Three existing heliports are present in the scenery:
- Army’s Heliport at the east of the airport
- Marina’s Heliport close to Ornos beach
- Superior Air heliport close to Kalo Livadi beach
- Three characteristic landmarks have been added to the scenery:
- Windmills at Mykonos town
- Broken windmill at the south of the airport (close to the Terminal)
- A lighthouse at the north of the island